Diablo 2: LOD Minimizing it self randomly
Ok, heres my problem. I'm playing D2, everythings ok then my game minimizes for no reason, on its own, its as if i've Alt + tabbed out, but i didn't alt tab out, its got me killed a number of times and its getting really annoying. :angry:

Anyone know what causes this / how i can stop it?

Sometimes when i restore the game my GFX are messed for a few mins.. like this:-

[Image: d2-messed-up.jpg]

Note: All the monsters were dead before it minimized. :blink:
Blood and death are waiting like a raven in the sky
I was born to die
Hear me while I live
As I look into your eyes
None shall hear a lie
Power and dominion are taken by the will
By divine right hail and kill

Hail, Hail, Hail, Hail and Kill, Hail and Kill
This could easily be an external program stealing focus or messing around. I'd recommend two things (as a prelimenary check):

1) Ctrl-Alt-Delete and check your programs (processes) running.
If you have Win95/98/ME, you only need (IIRC) Systray and Explorer.
If you have Win2000/XP, the list will be much larger. The key there will most likely be programs listed under your username (not SYSTEM/LOCAL SERVICE/NETWORK SERVICE/ETC).

Any suspicious files you can try closing and see what happens. If you're not sure what's safe to close (for instance, some mice have programs running, even thought they're not [i]needed[i]) you can post the file names here and we can check it out.

2) Ad-Aware
Go to that page and download Ad-Aware 6.0. Install it and run it. Make sure you 'Check For Updates Now', then 'Start'. This program does a good job of cleaning out unwanted junk on your computer. While it's scanning, if it finds 'Processes Running' then it might have found your culprit.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
The problem could be two things -

First - XP Pro - if you are running Diablo II or the Exp on Windows XP Pro this could be the main problem, I run Diablo II LOD on XP Pro (Ligit Ed.) and i have experienced difficulties and minimising (rarely but). this is because XP Pro is not a gaming OS it is not meant to take such strings that games produce. To fix this problem get XP Home which is made for the internet and gaming, otherwise install Win98SE, the best operating system (well the most stable anyway, excluding networking OSs). This will most probably fix the problem. Other wise try installing XP Pro again (if that is wahat you are using).

2 - If you aren't using XP or you know the problem is not your OS, then try re-installing your video card drivers, this may sound stupid and irrelevant, but it may just work. Sometimes drivers are installed (even from CDs and other rarely corruptable media) and they install wrong because your computer specified the settings wrong. You might just be suprised to see this work. Maybe not. If not then it could be what other people have already posted you about. And if all else fails, get a new computer or format your drive and reinstall everything (try to get new copies of your programs, games,etc.) but remember to save your games files before you format or you're screwed (as I have done in the past-#$%& 32bit OSs).
Karma is justice with the satisfaction... I don't believe in justice
In reply to Ctrl-Alt-Delete...

All of the items on the task manager are safe to terminate. There are some processes that will not let you terminate these (NEEDED FOR THE SYSTEM TO RUN). But everything else that is able to be terminated is safe, and it may only terminate your windows session, which means it will shut down windows, but it will give you 60 seconds to save and close all programs open. But don't be afraid to screw around with your task manager, you cannot hurt the computer or your system or anything by terminating processes unexpectedly. Everything will be there again when your computer resets.
Karma is justice with the satisfaction... I don't believe in justice
Thanks for the info/ideas, i've just downloaded Ad-Aware and i'm now going to run it through and see what comes up.

I'm using Windows ME, its never done this before and i've had D2 for a good while now, i'll try reinstalling my gfx drivers then re-install Diablo 2 and see if that helps, since it never did this all the other times i've installed it.

Blood and death are waiting like a raven in the sky
I was born to die
Hear me while I live
As I look into your eyes
None shall hear a lie
Power and dominion are taken by the will
By divine right hail and kill

Hail, Hail, Hail, Hail and Kill, Hail and Kill
Well it could be caused from many reasons. About the GFX it may screw up and the colors look messed up (inverted crap), from my experince it may be caused by your local mp3 player :unsure: . It can be fixed by minimizing d2, then maximize it again.
A dangerous man is a man with nothing to lose.
Everything that is in XP Home is in XP Pro. If you are having problems alt-tabbing with XP Pro, it is not OS-specific - it's settings-specific.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
IF in WinXP
AND
IF holding down right shift for 8 seconds or longer (*cough* sorcy casting/bowzon shooting *cough*)

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/w.../filterkeys.htm

Disable it in accessibility options under control panel.
Its ON by default.
I had/have a similar problem. In my case I tracked the cause to a stuck ALT key (hmm, wonder why the ALT key of all keys). Pressing TAB or ESC caused DII to go away.