D1 MPQ Content
AHA! It's "Can't a feller drink in peace?" :P so THAT is where the mysterious Farnham's Kiss came from! ;)
I knew it! You actually bothered to read this signiture!
Geladrius,Mar 27 2003, 03:55 AM Wrote:"Can't a feller drink in peace?"

So, after thousands of times clicking on Farnham, that's what he was actually saying. Not even similar to what I thought... well, as they say: "better late than never..."

Thanks for the help, Geladrius, and don't hesitate asking if you ever need something translated from spanish... :P
Es fácil descender al infierno. De día o de noche, las puertas de la Muerte están abiertas de par en par; pero retornar, volver sobre tus pasos para llegar a la superficie... He aquí el auténtico desafío.

Virgilio, La Eneida
Hehe... don't think I won't, either... I have a few freinds who love to torment me by speaking in sanish. :P
I knew it! You actually bothered to read this signiture!
(03-26-2003, 05:22 PM)Barsine Wrote: I don't see that Farnham says his name in any of his speeches. Does he say that in response to a specific quest, or is it random "gossip?"

I believe what Farnham says is
"Can't a fellow drink in peace?"

-edit-
Sorry for wasted post, I didn't read the entire thread.
(01-01-2012, 04:56 PM)amarksys Wrote: -edit-

Let me get this straight. You purposely necro a long dead thread and didn't bother to read the whole thing?
(01-02-2012, 12:29 AM)Tal Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 04:56 PM)amarksys Wrote: -edit-

Let me get this straight. You purposely necro a long dead thread and didn't bother to read the whole thing?

Kind of, yeah.

... *sigh* Can I do ANYTHING successfully other than ticking you people off?

Cause it really doesn't seem like it now.
(01-02-2012, 01:57 PM)amarksys Wrote: Kind of, yeah.

... *sigh* Can I do ANYTHING successfully other than ticking you people off?

Cause it really doesn't seem like it now.

It's really simple.

1. Stay on topic

2. If you're going to add something to a thread - make sure you're adding something new and not something that has already been posted. This is best accomplished by reading all of the posts.

3. Don't necro a thread if you're not going to add any value to the thread.

4. Don't cheat.
(01-03-2012, 03:58 PM)Tal Wrote: 2. If you're going to add something to a thread - make sure you're adding something new and not something that has already been posted. This is best accomplished by reading all of the posts.

3. Don't necro a thread if you're not going to add any value to the thread.

I dunno, Tal. I was rather amused by him replying to someone who hasn't visited the Lounge since 2003. Though, he should be warned about the dangers of necromancy. This thread is rife with old links, and if he's not careful his necromancy might rebound and resurrect Geocities.

-Lem
Quote:Let me get this straight. You purposely necro a long dead thread and didn't bother to read the whole thing?

And what was the use of that post? amarksys noted his mistake and apologized for his post. There´s no need to make him feel more bad for it, other than some weird expression of power on your part.
(01-08-2012, 01:58 AM)Shapeshifter878 Wrote:
Quote:Let me get this straight. You purposely necro a long dead thread and didn't bother to read the whole thing?

And what was the use of that post? amarksys noted his mistake and apologized for his post. There´s no need to make him feel more bad for it, other than some weird expression of power on your part.

I don't have any power in the D1 forum. The Lounge has a long history of being self policing. Instead of editing the post he could have deleted it. My post was to remind him that useless thread necromation is not something we encourage.
(01-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Tal Wrote:

I don't have any power in the D1 forum. The Lounge has a long history of being self policing. Instead of editing the post he could have deleted it. My post was to remind him that useless thread necromation is not something we encourage.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Geocities wgah'nagl fhtagn
(01-09-2012, 03:33 AM)LemmingofGlory Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Tal Wrote:

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Geocities wgah'nagl fhtagn

You owe me a keyboard, Lemming. Big Grin
--Mav
Shocked 
(01-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Tal Wrote: Instead of editing the post he could have deleted it.

YOU CAN DELETE POSTS? Well, I guess you learn something new everyday... HOW, may I ask?
(01-10-2012, 02:38 AM)amarksys Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Tal Wrote: Instead of editing the post he could have deleted it.

YOU CAN DELETE POSTS? Well, I guess you learn something new everyday... HOW, may I ask?

Red 'X' at the bottom of your post.
(01-10-2012, 02:41 AM)Tal Wrote: Red 'X' at the bottom of your post.

*facepalm* Could'a had a V8.

Wow, I can be so smart that I'm stupid sometimes.