Not able to do Laz runs in SP
Hiya everybody .

My children have decided to play (or should I say , I have allowed them to play ) classic Diablo , I have restarted too , but multiplay . The kids play SP and cannot do Laz runs , well they can but its a long drawn affair in SP . I just need to know what levels/difficulty they should be scouring for items such as Dreamflange/Royal circlet/Stormshield , the easiest possible if anyone knows . Thanks a lot and take care .
Take care
'Allo...

You (and your children) can easily play Multiplayer games and characters without actually having to be in the Internet. In this fashion, you kids do not need to stay in Single Player unless they like all the extra other quests there. Select Direct Connect or LAN to play in this way. You can play alone and offline like this.

However, Mutiplayer offers more of a challenger (monsters are by default stronger in MP than in SP), more of a risk (if you die, you have to go back and try to get your gear—there is no "Load Saved Game" to save your char), and MP offers three Difficulty levels, while SP only readily offers you the easiest level of difficulty.

That, and in MP you can access the entrances to the other levels when your character's level is high enough, as opposed to having to walk down and "open the doors from inside" when you play SP.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hail Raven Vale,

You'll need to be able to access Hell/Normal for those items: no need for higher difficulties. Lazarus and his chronies have good odds, but don't forget that other things around there can drop good items too (and *don't* forget Gorash: he can drop some killer items!)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Thanks a lot . Been away for over 2 years now and decided to try it out again . Elric , I see your Lurker Lounge etiquette still survives :) , I also remember one of the last topics I spoke to Rhydderch about , was the dropping of certain items on the lone grave , heh . My how time flies . Take care guys .
Take care
Quote:You (and your children)

I swear when I first read that I saw "you and your chicken"...
I was gonna say usa LAN, but someone else did, and yes, normal difficulty is best difficulty to find uniques, I dunno why, it just is. When doing laz runs, you should include gorash in it, like someone else said.
Hail Saltman,

"normal difficulty is best difficulty to find uniques, I dunno why, it just is"

Simple: the odds are (for the most part) the same across all difficulties, but everything is a heck of a lot easier to kill in Normal difficulty, therefore you'll find the item faster. Read Jarulf's guide and you'll understand a lot better :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
normal difficulty is best difficulty to find uniques, I dunno why, it just is.

It has to do with levels. Monsters, base items, enchantments, and unique items all have levels. Monsters get a boost to their mlvl (monster level) in NM (+15 to Normal mlvl) and Hell diff (+30 to Normal mlvl). This allows them to drop better base items, as I'm sure you seen. It does not, however, allow them to drop better enchantments (or uniques); otherwise you'd find Zodiacs from mlvl 30+ Fallen Ones in Hell/Church and Wirt-quality junk from Blood Knights in H/H.

Since monsters can't drop "better" uniques in higher difficulties, you'll find the same uniques in Normal/Church, Normal/Cats, Normal/Caves, and Normal/Hell as you will in Hell/Church and so forth.

A small exception exists with regard to Nightmare and Hell Church, however: Certain uniques that cannot drop in Normal/Church *can* drop there. In these cases, the level of the base item was high and the level of the unique was low. Moreover, these items had other uniques associated with their base type, and the game would always drop the other item by the time monsters could drop the base type. The mlvl bonus in NM and Hell diff allows things like Zombies, Fallens, and Skeletons to drop the bases, and consequently drop the unique.

(Downloadable)
http://lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/
(Online)
http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

Read Jarulf's Guide. It's really interesting. :)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]