Throw Damage Bug
I am currently building a barbarian on D2C who will use both a throwing axe and a one handed axe. He is currently level 6 and has 1 point invested in both throw mastery and axe mastery. The displayed damages for both weapons are 5-31 (normal attack axe) and 17-31 (throw attack with throwing axe).

However, I consistently kill monsters in one hit with the 1 hand axe, but the thrown axe only typically does 1/4 to 1/3 of the monsters hit points.

Is throwing damage bugged or something?

EDIT: I got the idea to switch weapon hands. When I put the throwing axes in my right hand and threw them, they did "normal" damage (not less than they should.) By this time, at level 18 in the arcane sanctuary the throwing axes in left hand did barely enough damage to drop the monster life bar. However, in the right hand, the axes illed in 1 hit nearly every time. Also, they hit nearly every throw, while it always took several throws to hit from left hand. This leads me to believe that throwing mastery does not affect left handed throws....

Darn it...this turnedinto a post for the Maggot lair.....
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Maybe the critical hit bug doesn't work on throwing weapons?

Perhaps you have some melee damage-modification skill(Bash comes to mind) active on your one-handed weapon?

Or maybe the Lying Character Screen erroneously applies the above-mentioned skill to the damage of the throwing weapon, displaying it as higher than it should be?
Hail AKK,

Search The Maggot Lair: I made a post on some fun with Critical Hits and Throwing Weapons ;) Anywho, under less wierd cases than that experience, the bug works fine...if there's such a thing as a bug working as it should :P

I'm not sure about the LCS: it's been a little while. I do remember though that there are a couple of bugs on Throwing Damage that are well reported. Again, search the Maggot Lair for the specifics (sorry: forget them myself now). Thowing Weapons do less damage than Melee ones that should do the same damage: it's a painful fact :(
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.