D2 in windowed mode
I'm wanting to run D2 in Windowed mode, but the contents of the window are too dark. In video options, the gamma control is disabled and contrast doesn't seem to do anything. The video card is a Voodoo 5500 and it works okay in full screen mode. (OS is Win2000)

Anyone have a clue about this?

-- CH
Have you tried adjusting your video card settings? You should be able to make some adjustments on the color tab of the video card settings panel.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
You may want to try the various Voodoo driver sites on the Internet. From my personal experience with Voodoo drivers, I'd only recommend the ones 3dfx released before their downfall(and for a 5500, I'm not sure how many drivers are available). You could also try Microsoft's www.windowsupdate.com site to see if there are driver updates there(or at the very least, important OS updates). I hope this helps to solve your issue.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.
In windowed mode, Diablo II will only run in software mode. From my experience, this is somewhat darker than 3D-accelerated mode. As it is software mode, changing your drivers is unlikely to do anything.
I've played in windowed mode, and I have no problems playing due to the gamma-rate.

What you do is
1. Reduce the resolution in windows to 800*600 so the D2-window covers the entire screen.
2. Turn off the lights in the room you're playing in. Cover all windows with a thick dark blanket.
3. Start trading for "+ to light radius"-gear ;)

Good luck

- [wcip]Angel
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw