USEAST Warning / Clarification
To anyone who plays on USEast:

This the the Lurker Lounge. Our goal is to have legit play, without the Bnet-standard eliteism that seems to bee rampant in public games. While we don't care about cookie cutter builds, or twinking, it does mean any Third party program used to "enchance" the game(Except for D2Accelerator, someone tell me if I'm wrong) is NOT allowed, ander ANY circumstance. Do not use the excuse that is speeds up thhe game - the program does the same effect that D2Accelerator does to frame rates. If you use this program, do not play with us. If you play with us, do not use this program - it is that simple.

We have had some incidents of this in the past few days, and i would just like to tell everyone that this is NOT tolerated and anyone caught using it from now on will no longer be welcomed to play with us. You have been warned.

Useast account: *dadozer
My online friend and fellow lurker, who I have experienced this with, is *phantommexican
Please come and play with us, but -Please- do not use the Maphack or any other program.

EDIT: I guess this applies to all realms, and even Diablo 1, I guess..... USEast is just where i play :P
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Hail Dozer,

Quite correct: on all accounts. Indeed, I believe Bolty put the DII Accelerator on the news page, as it is just too good - and it only fixes something, rather than a propper cheat-program. Oh, and some of us are elitists, thank you ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I think it's pretty funny, telling Lurkers not to cheat. Like telling a penguin not to fly. :lol:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Dazed again, so what exactly does D2accelerator do? Why would it be bad? I dunno. I thought it was to make the gme run faster on slow computers.... :huh:

Dozer, I have read you post several times and perhaps I'm just a moron, but DO you or do you NOT support it's use?
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
how Bout when rushing?
is it alright to use maphack when someone wants a rush?
i don't know everyone's views on rushing, but I rush people who want and sometimes need it.
although i use the mapheck here to get it done quickly i never use it during my own gameplay or during any of the normal games ("if" you can call them that) on b.net.
*note* Im only allowed a limited time online perday. this means that anytime I spend rush the poor little n00bs that hve no chars at all needs to get over with quickly.
"Limited time online perday" is a sufficient justification for cheating, neh?

'Fraid not.

You're self-aggrandizing charity is a poor veil for your need to cheat, not to mention how rushing takes away from the nature of the game.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Im not getting rushed im rushing people who want to be rushed and none of my friends are online.
sometimes I stray away from what the "lurkers" feel is right, to help someone who feels that having a rushed character is better than playing the game out and having no fun doing it because everyone one around him has high lvl characters and ith weapons he/she can't compete with being a legit character.
I still feel that hacked or duped items take away the fun of the game, but when your helping someone and you need a little help yourself, using the maphack once in while isn't all that bad. If you feel I'm wrong, well thats just your own problem. :angry:

Also, since Bliz is deleting accounts because of the maphack I have discontinued its use but still using it when I did isn't wrong or Diablo 2 "immoral" just using a little help.
Quote:I still feel that hacked or duped items take away the fun of the game, but when your helping someone and you need a little help yourself, using the maphack once in while isn't all that bad. If you feel I'm wrong, well thats just your own problem. 

Well, no. In actuality it would be YOUR problem. You're the one advocating mitigating circumstances for using a defined cheating program on a forum that supports legitimate play.

Trundle back to the pubbies, Hoss.
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Oni_MF,Apr 3 2003, 03:36 PM Wrote:..... using the maphack once in while isn't all that bad. If you feel I'm wrong, well thats just your own problem. :angry:
Dear Oni MF

It would be your problem. The reason why is quoted below, and it is straight from the Forum Rules.

Quote:No cheating allowed.
If you cheat in multiplayer games, you are not welcome to read or post at the Lurker Lounge. We ask you to respect the administrators' and posters' feelings on this matter and go to another site with less stringent rules against cheaters. However, if you choose not to respect our wishes, don't be surprised when you are met with extreme hostility from gamers who like to play games the way they are meant to be played. If you are ever caught admitting to cheating, you will be banned on sight

Nicodemus Phaulkan was being rather nice in his response to your admission that you cheat. Or rather, that now that you think there might actually be a consequence to cheating, your 'former' cheating.

I don't feel quite so charitable. No matter what your motives, you are an admitted cheater. As such, you don't belong here.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

1st of all ban me i don't really care..
2nd i'm not cheating, it's helping and i don't use it normally during game play just when rushing
3rd i deleted it last night.
Quote:"I'm fully legit. I don't cheat! I just use maphack. That's not cheating. Everybody does it." - typical "legit" B.netter

Excuse me while I laugh! Look, these accounts were banned. Almost everyone here complains constantly about cheaters on Battle.Net, and now when something is done about it they start sympathizing with the cheaters? Don't get me started. You know with me it's always been black-and-white: you cheat in a multiplayer environment, then **** you and the horse you rode in on for robbing me of the money I paid for my game. To me, there is no limit to the lengths I'd be rooting Blizzard to take to keep any and all cheaters the hell off of Battle.Net permanently.

- Bolty

Enjoy the abyss, Oni MF.
Garnered Wisdom --

Maphack is the devil.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:1st of all ban me i don't really care..

I have a question for you (assuming you can still post, if Bolty hasn't yet banned you). If you don't really care... then why are you here? I tend not to post on fora when I "don't really care" because I don't want to hear the opinions of that fora's members and moderators.

Quote:2nd i'm not cheating, it's helping and i don't use it normally during game play just when rushing

Oy.... Let me take this one piece at a time.

Quote:i'm not cheating, it's helping

How is it *NOT* cheating? Your taking advantage of the fact that the maps are stored client-side, your taking advantage of the way that Blizzard designed the program. Your exploiting the system. Its sort of like saying that you looked at the answer key of the SAT's to help someone study. It wasn't intended to be that way, and you'll be in deep trouble if your cought doing that... Why wouldn't you get in trouble for cheating?

Quote:i don't use it normally during game play just when rushing

Rushing in itself is cheating. Your giving an unfair advantage in leveling speed to the person who you've rushed. You've also taking away part of the joy of starting the game fresh. Even if you don't use it during normal game play... Its still not right to use it at any point. As for why it's cheating, see my above response to the "i'm not cheating" part of your post.

Quote:3rd i deleted it last night.

I sincerely hope that your account is gone. If not today, then the next time Blizzard starts hitting the ban button. Last night is too late. Last night is after you've already used it.

P.S. Sorry for the excessive use of quotes... I just find it easier to explain my position when I quote exactly what I'm talking about.
I am Baylan

Hardcore is the way to play!

You'll find me on US-East, on the account name Baylan (for now, I'll add more as I get my accounts up and hardcore-capable).
You are banned. Cheaters are not welcome at the Lurker Lounge.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I agree wholly with the no maphack. Maphack is cheting, period, no matter how or when you use it.

However, to those who see rushing as boring, immoral, cheating, degrading etc.....well, to each his own.

I have a lot more fun playing different builds, subclasses etc. I do not enjoy in any way act 1 normal. Therefore, 90% of my characters are rushed and built through leeching Cows in various levels and using equipment traded for or found by my other "big" characters. My playstyle does not take from your fun in any way, and frankly, I don't care if Buzzard wants me to do Act 3 or not, I don't want to.

Also, rushing does not require maphack. So you need to run around a little more and do the arcane sanctuarry. I don't think your busy lifestyle will prevent you from doing this.

You have loads of fun playing in your style, seriously. I'll have fun playing mine. I hurt thee not.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Rushing is a form of cheating though...blizzard might want to set minimum level requirements of acts or difficulties.

However, I really wouldnt be able to imagine life without rushing...oh yeh of corse i have the occasional 'non rush' chars but i REALLY would rather skip act 3 then run around chasing those stupid little flayers.

Personally, if it werent for durance of hate lvl 2 wp, act 3 would be a most stressful act.....

And as for maphack: cheating is cheating, whereever or whenever you do it...Maphack just takes alot of fun out of the game.

Edit: oppz accidentally press quote instead of reply

Edit2: oh and, btw, what does this have to do with the pandemonium fortress topics...?
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--

IMHO, Rushing depends a lot on what type of char you want. You can make a godly legit dueler in SC by having him rushed, while having a level 45 non-twink HC pally...Everyone does things different....Thats what makes this game neat...there are so many different play styles and "Faiths"

I do not have faith in 1.10...it will never happen :)

<Edit> I just noticed what the real discussion is....Maphack is in no way good to use.....other than its cheating, how would we look if one of us got banned?

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
People have an amazing quality that allows them to rationalize nearly anything, you, Oni, demostrate this completely. The pubbies will enjoy your company *waves*

-Wapptor (no mercy! @!#$ 'em all!)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Is it cheating?

That is an interesting topic of discussion.

In a strict sense, it completely renders irrelevant the building of the character by progressive challenges and quest completion. Even if not 'cheating' it tastes of cheese.

Full disclosure: I have on occasion rushed a char in order to create a HC character in a new account. I have also, on occasion, helped rush folks to catch back up after a HC death.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I don't think rushing is cheating. I do agree with Occhidiangela that it is cheesey. I have rushed a lot of people. I see nothing wrong with it.