Magic Find
If you could find everything to make the ULITMATE magic find char. what would be the best item to equip from head to toe to get the most magic find %
If you find an item with magic find, wear it :)

But seriously, search the old forums. Heck, there is at least one thread about it here.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
What he said. :) Try right here.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Guess I'm a magic find newbie ;)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Please refrain from such discussion of hacked items in future. We have a no-tolerance policy on cheating here: you may wish to reread the rules. You may be interested in reading my Etiquette Guide too...
- El
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--

Hey.
One important note about your ULTIMATE MF char. He would HAVE to be a barbarian if you wanted the highest possible magic find %.

The simple reason is because he can dual wield, and you'll get more MF % on two weapons than on a weapon and a shield.

If you need more info, go to PlanetDiablo - A Member of the GameSpy Network. :D

P.S.- Sorry for suggesting another site :(
This one is still the best :lol: !
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
You're welcome (encouraged, even) to link to any relevant site you want, as long as it doesn't condone cheating. :)

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
However, it would have been nice if that guide had at least given some sort of recognition to the Arreat Summit Magic Find FAQ, which it seems to have copied from practically verbatim in the first sections. ;)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
There's not many options for MF as far as strategy guides go. They are all bound to be very similar...
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
I think he was reffering to this:

Arreat Summit Wrote:How do Chance to Find Magic Items really work?
If you find an item that gives 20% Better Chance of Getting a Magic Item, and a Monster has a 2% chance to drop a Magic Item, you will now have 2.4% Chance of getting that Magic Item.

I have a 100% better chance of getting magic items but I don’t get them all the time why?
This is base upon the monsters chance to drop an item. With a 100% better chance of getting a magic item, a monster with a 1% chance of dropping a magical item would have that random chance go up to 2%.

What exactly are "Magic Items"
Magic Items in this definition include Magic Items, Set Items, Unique Items and Rare Items.

Is there a cap on Magic Find?
No.

Is there an ideal % Magic Find Number?
No. The more the better. Previously a bug resulted a penalty for more than a certain percentage, but this has been fixed.

I heard if you get Magic Find high enough you get all Sets and Uniques
No. This was the case in previous versions due to a bug but that has been corrected (sorry!).

Will Magic Find work on Barrels, Chests, or other non Monsters that drop items?
Yes.

Will Magic Find work on bosses?
Yes.

Will Magic Find work on Runes?
No. It has no bearing on the number of Runes you'll find (you don't find more magic items and less Runes for example, nor is there a greater chance of getting a Rune or a better Rune, etc.)

Will Magic Find work to increase finding Magic Items with the Barbarian's Find Item Skill?
Yes.

Will Magic Find help getting better Items from Gambling?
No.

Will Magic Find work with Minions and Hirelings?
Yes. When you make a kill, you get the Magic Find % of yourself only. When a Hireling gets a kill, it uses the combined Magic Find of the Hireling and you.

How does Magic Find work in a Party?
The chance to get a Magic Item will be determined on the player that makes the killing blow on the monster. If the party has several items that give a Better Chance of Getting Magic Item, they are not added together, whichever party member makes the killing blow will determine the chance of getting a Magic Item. For the best results, have the player in the party that has the best Chance of Getting a Magic Item finish off all the monsters.

Magic Find Returns
While there is no cap on Magic Find there is a diminishing return formula (that is not available) that becomes active over 110% Magic Find for Rare, Set, and Unique Items (But Not Regular Violet (Blue) Magic Items). This does not mean that it's useless to get over 110% but it does mean that the benefits drop off as you get higher and higher Magic Find. The most Magic Find is still better than less Magic Find.

Planet Diablo Wrote:Q: How does Chance to Find Magic Items work?
A: If you have an item that gives 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Item, and the monster you are about to kill has a 2% chance to drop a Magic Item, it'll be increased to 3%.

[2 + (2 * 0.50) = 3]

Q: Why doesn't "100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items" make me get magic items all the time?
A: This is related to the monster's chance to drop an item. With "100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Item," a monster with a 1% chance of dropping a magical item will now have that random chance at 2%.

Q: What items are considered Magic Items?
A: Magic Items include magical items (violet-blue), set items (green), rare items (yellow), and unique items (gold).

Q: Is Magic Find capped?
A: Nope.

Q: What's the best Magic Find percentage to have?
A: The more MF you have, the better. There was a penalty for having a high MF percentage in earlier versions, but not in v1.09x.

Advertisement
Q: What's this about getting only set and unique items?
A: Too late. This did happen in earlier versions due to a bug, but no longer.

Q: Will Magic Find work on barrels, chests, hidden stashes, urns, and similar things?
A: Yep. It works on everything from rogue corpses to skull piles. Chests and the like are good for finding many items, as well as gold, especially if you have an item that gives X% more gold.

Q: Will Magic Find work on unique and super unique monsters?
A: For sure.

Q: Why should I care about getting 1% more Magic Find?
A: Everything counts in Magic Find; that 1% can go a long way. Also, don't forget that 1% increments add up to higher numbers.

Q: Will Magic Find affect rune drops?
A: No, Magic Find has no standing on runes whatsoever. It doesn't help or hurt your chance of getting runes.

Q: What about Magic Find and exceptional or elite items?
A: Nope, but if an exceptional or elite item does drop, you'll have a better chance of it being a Magic Item.

Q: Does Magic Find work with the Barbarian's "Find Item" skill?
A: I already said so, but in case you overlooked it, yes.

Q: Will Magic Find work with Gambling and quest rewards (like Charsi's imbue, Orumus' ring, Anya's class-specific item)?
A: Unfortunately, no.

Q: Will Magic Find work with Minions and Mercenaries?
A: Yes. if you kill a monster, only the Magic Find from you counts. However, if your mercenary kills a monster, your mercenary's Magic Find combines with your Magic Find. Therefore, you'll definitely want to find Magic Find items for your mercenary as well, and let them get the last hit on bosses and super unique monsters.

Q: What about Magic Find in a party?
A: Only the Magic Find of the person who had the final hit on a monster counts. Therefore, decide who has the most Magic Find and let that person open chests and deal the final blow on bosses and super unique monsters.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I see absolutely no similarity. (Do I sense a wee tiny bit of sarcasm?) :P
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
>Q: What's the best Magic Find percentage to have?
>A: The more MF you have, the better. There was a
>penalty for having a high MF percentage in earlier
>versions, but not in v1.09x.

Hmmm, never heared of such a thing. Anyone know about it?

>Advertisement
>Q: What's this about getting only set and unique
>items?
>A: Too late. This did happen in earlier versions due to a
>bug, but no longer.

Hmmm, possibly only in 1.07, but then, there the MF was so hoplessly wrong, buggy and obscur that anything can really happen :) Or do they refer to something else I can't figure out?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Oh yeah, I got a question.

Quote:What's this about getting only set and unique items?

How did that happen? I've still got Diablo LoD v.1.07 installed on my older computer, and I was wondering how this gets activated....? Not as a hack, but just out of curiousity...

Bye.
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Hail Black Lightning,

I never tried it (I'm not big on using %MF items), but my understanding was that if you loaded up enough, the % chance of Set and Unique items grew so high that you would never see Magical items. There may have been more to it than that, but this was all I ever heard about it.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Jarulf,Apr 15 2003, 08:30 PM Wrote:Hmmm, never heared of such a thing. Anyone know about it?

I think it refers to this:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/discov...es/032001.shtml

back when you posted those MF tables on the old-old LL forum

-- CH
Cheers, CelticHound.
I'm wondering, are MF/Item Farming Chars. big on Battle Net anymore? My Battle Net's down, and I'm not really sure.... :huh:

I kind of figure that with some of the hackers still at large, MF and Item Farming Chars. must have gotten pretty rotten (It rhymes!).

It would be cool if there was like a "Magic Find Guild", with lots of MF characters filling out orders for other people, in exchange for something else.... :lol:

Bye..
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink