Poll: So which vine is the best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Poison creeper
4.55%
1 4.55%
Carrion vine
86.36%
19 86.36%
Solar creeper
9.09%
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Vines
XOblivionX,Apr 4 2003, 09:30 PM Wrote:However, in my opinion, vines are used by people who lack the nessasary items corrosponding to the type of druid they are making.  .........

In conclusion, vines are used when you do NOT have the equipment an experienced player has and therefor should be used by characters new or newer to diablo II.

(Otherwise, vines are just a big fat waste of precious skil points, that can otherwised be used to complement the druid you are buiding further.

Every1 applauds...(please?)
First, you must remember that not all players twink their characters. Many of the more experienced players do not twink at all, as that reduces the challenge of the game. The 'necessary' items can be foregone with effective use of skills.

Second, (petty of me, I know) you did ignore the case of a Hunter Druid, who has little to no use for leech when he is using elemental damage bows.

Third, and I would love to be corrected if I have this wrong........It is my understanding that the % life added back by a carrion vine is a percent of your life, not that of the monster consumed. Thus it is rather effective even at one skill point when combined with Oak Sage.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

You are correct on all points, ShadowHM. A few more cases of Druids that could not use items to compensate for the lack of a Vine (Carrion, in fact): Shockbears, any class of Elementalist, Elementally oriented Weredruids (like my Rabies/Fire Claws Wolf). Besides, why in the world would you want to solve your problems by twinking out instead of using the skills granted to you? I feel much more respect for anyone who takes the latter route.

No clapping over here.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Perhaps it would be because...

hmm...lemme think...

You may actually NEED your skill points for other causes...

if u have extra skill points (which, depending on the type of druid) u should or should not have, u can use some on vines.

Personally i think its a waste.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--

Speaking of wastage, why am I downloading/caching a 20KB image just to view a page with your signature on it? A signature that equates to about three fifths of your entire post by the looks of things. <_<
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War