Max cast speed?
I want to make a new character that will rely on the spammable spells (not Charged Bolt) and try to make the character efficient.

What I want to know is what the maximum casting speed one can attain in order for me to make calculations to decide whether a build will be viable or not.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
13fr 0-8% faster cast rate
12fr 9-19%
11fr 20-36%
10fr 37-62%
09fr 63-104%
08fr 105-199%
07fr 200-+%

(I just asked for this recently, myself)
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I don't mean in percents, I mean in actual time, like 1 cast per second etc'.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
and you have the frames per cast info it just takes some division from there.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Trust me, 7fpc is fast :)

Five seconds of spamming at that rate is equal to very nearly 17.8 "spammables" cast.

A similar period at 8fpc results in just over 15.6 cast and at 9fpc we come to a mere 14.8 - that can work out to some major damage differences and for the sake of the incredible 'reaction time' alone I think that if you could build such a sorc it would be worthwhile.

The one major difficulty that will arise is, first, obtaining legitimate equipment with which to achieve this goal and second, ensuring that the other needs of your sorc will be met through your equipment. Needless to say, this won't be the hardiest of gals, but she'll be fairly unique and a blast to watch! :)

Good luck!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
You bet :)

I've been using Wizardspike on one of my sorceresses for a while now - now, I find the fast-cast indispensable. It's great to be able to teleport into and out of a stygian doll boss pack without taking a scratch ;)
oh didn't notice that he wrotes the frames per second, o.k that means 3.5 casts per second, thank you.

Now I'll try to get my assassin working, of course I need the equiq as I got none yet (only started) and not to get my assn killed (4 PK'ers at one night, how suprising...) and maybe this build will be viable.

My build is to build an assassin that will rely almost solely on Fury Blade and with Lightning/Death Sentry for a little easier crowd control.