To Bolty : Charter Member
Hail Bolty, Founder and Protector of that Arcane Garden of Knowledge called Lukerlounge,

First of all welcome back as I think I forgot to welcome you back when you came back.

Questions :

What happend to the Charter Members?

What were Charter Members by the way?

And why was I one?

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
Bolty upgraded the DCForum software at one point, and the forum started calling everyone who already had an account when we did the upgrade "charter members." Everyone who registered after the upgrade had their registration date listed instead of "charter member."

Now, in general we try to avoid arbitrary classifications of posters, so we weren't really a big fan of the charter member program. But, it was built into the software, and would have been a PITA to remove. So we left it, but mostly paid no attention to it.

The big surprise was how many people missed it when we switched to invision board.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Apr 6 2003, 10:19 PM Wrote:Bolty upgraded the DCForum software at one point, and the forum started calling everyone who already had an account when we did the upgrade "charter members."  Everyone who registered after the upgrade had their registration date listed instead of "charter member."

Now, in general we try to avoid arbitrary classifications of posters, so we weren't really a big fan of the charter member program.  But, it was built into the software, and would have been a PITA to remove.  So we left it, but mostly paid no attention to it.

The big surprise was how many people missed it when we switched to invision board.

-Griselda
Hail Griselda, swift Huntress of the Plains of Despair.

Thank you for your cyrstal clear explanation :D

I always wondered why I was one and if it involved some duties :lol:

Regards, Hunky
Well, not Bolty, but:

Charter Members: People whose old accounts were re-used when the DCBoard re-opened. IIRC, Charter simply because it was easier than fixing the database messup (which including joined dates). You'll notice anyone who wasn't a 'Charter Member' had the date they created an account.

The reason they don't exist now? Simple, we're on new forum software with new acconts.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 6 2003, 10:25 PM Wrote:Well, not Bolty, but:

Charter Members:  People whose old accounts were re-used when the DCBoard re-opened.  IIRC, Charter simply because it was easier than fixing the database messup (which including joined dates).  You'll notice anyone who wasn't a 'Charter Member' had the date they created an account.

The reason they don't exist now?  Simple, we're on new forum software with new acconts.
Hail Quark, fellow LurkerLounge Member.

Thank you for your concise answers.

Regards, Hunky