Pally Dex/Block rate/FHR questions....
My pally has low dex in "melee/duel" mode (91 total)....I want to know if anyone knows the dex needed to get max block rate with a SS .... My pally wears a Guardian Angel, so keep in mind the block mod... I cant seem to tell my charts what will be best for me. Also, Im trying to find the BP's for FHR for a pally as well...Im under the impression that its 80something for the 3rd BP....thanks for all the info in advance...

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Blocking is as follows: block%=[blocking x (dex-15)/(character level x 2) also note that holy shield can further boost your block rate.
so without holyshield you'd have... block%=[97x86/(2x chactercter level)] so it'd be 4171/character level, so at clevel 73 (minimum req for ss) you'd have 57% blocking of a maximumum 75%. So erm working backwards...
y=[97 x (X-15)]/150 would grant you max blocking... so just put in your level for y, and solve for X and you'll get the required dex for that level.
The breaks for a paladin on fhr are 32 and 152% (32 granting 3 frame, and 152% granting 2 frame).
-Saga_Keeper
Saga_Keeper,Apr 8 2003, 09:43 PM Wrote:working backwards...
y=[97 x (X-15)]/150 would grant you max blocking... so just put in your level for y, and solve for X and you'll get the required dex for that level.
MY math ( Im an art person :) )

99 = [97 * (X - 15)] / 150

X in this instance is 168 (am I right?) .....That is the dex req for max block without Holy Shield/Guardian Angel @level 99?

How would I calc current % chance to block...what would be an equation for that? ...Hint Hint....If someone wants to do it for me.............. :)

91 dex/Storm shield/ 20% better chance to block + 30% FBR from G-Angel.....The Main Jist Im tryin to get to is, AM I making 75% chance to block with level 18 holy shield or do I need more in it?

Im a dueler (suprise?) and traded a Shael SS and later got a Cham SS...Im worried that my low dex is costing me duels, b/c I never had a chance to get some tests done (ss is rare enough as it is), but it seems that Im losing a whole lot more since the changeover.....It may just be that Im playing different chars, and that they are actually wupping my ass :)...that or I need to make the 32% FHR BP....Im not sure of the exact problem....

My Initial maths have shown me to have a total block chance % of 14.6% (base block @ 91 dex) + 45% (g-angel/ss block mod total) which equals 59.6%....All Im thinking is that If I got a decent level of HS, I should have max block, and need no more pts in dex or holy shield (unless I want more defense rating)

Thanks again

J

P.S. These equations state that a Level 50 char has a better chance to block over a level 99 char? ... Am I wrong ?...Im really 100% math stupid ...

TY
J
I guess you'd want 169, the game rounds a lot and the exact number is barely more then 198
Also, paladin's make the fastest blocking with just the stats on ss, let alone other sources.
-Saga_Keeper
So you can get 75% blocking with holy sheild without pumping dex (when you couldn't without holy sheild)?
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
oooops....answered something that wasnt even asked :)

<Edit> So I still dont know if I got a 75% chance to block or not....anyone know of how to calculate that?
highlight your armor to see blocking rate, and even with holyshield 18 you'd still need 129 dexterity.
-Saga_Keeper
Saga....I owe ya.... hehe...You pointed out what I thought to be true...when I changed gear, I lost a Raven and a Shael SS...so that wouldve pushed me over the 75% mark there....

TY AGAIN case closed :P

J