Using low level skills
See what you guys have made me do? I want to get some sleep -_-

http://walkiry.no-ip.org/psicop/

Notes:
a. This is a work in progress, and comments are welcome.
b. Yeah, it probably looks like a ripoff of one of Sirian's reports. That's the whole idea.
c. This web address is a PII box with a DSL line (upload speed: 128 Kbit), so don't abuse it too much ;)
Quote:*Sigh* I miss Sirian's stories

He recently wrote quite an interesting analysis on Master of Orion 3. I don't know if that game will hold his interest, it's supposed to be a bit of a disappointment

Poking around his website might bring results too

As for partying on BNet there is the Pandemonium Fortress here and the Amazon Basin (which, it seems allows non-Amazons in too :P ). There are other coop guilds around, many with websites
Contrary to what a few people have expresses paladins have a good set of low level skills to go all the way with. I have recently come back to D2 after an extended hiatus (I was playing on a NWN persistent world pretty fun actually!) and chose the pally as my new starter character. I have kinda broken the rules though since I invested in holy shield to aid his defense rating. However all the other skills he uses are 1-6. Sacrifice is of course his main combat skill while using defiance all the time. (I chose defiance because the might mercs get a natural skill level of 26-27...if I remember right.) Equipment is pretty cheap to get as well, the complete death's set is uber gear for a martyr, add in a couple angelic rings, (MASSIVE bonus to AR from these things as well as the regen and life mods. :D) the amulet and maybe the armor and your health worries are nil. (I forget which gives what but ther are some very nice bonus' that come with the armor and ammy.) Later on you can swap out the death's touch for an Aldur's mace, (I really like Aldur's mace its got plenty of leech, good speed, and decent elemental damage...not to mention its fairly cheap to trade for.) or you could go with full Hwainin's this is an awsome set for nightmare dif and with the right jewelry/charms it can even carry you into the early parts of hell diff. Currently my guy is in the late stages of normal, (Im scrounging for slightly better gear!) but I am sure he will have no problems going the full distance. ( I had a high level martyr before I gave my accounts away, he made it all the way to hell Baal in nothing but set items!)
Quote:He recently wrote quite an interesting analysis on Master of Orion 3. I don't know if that game will hold his interest, it's supposed to be a bit of a disappointment

Poking around his website might bring results too

Yeah, I poked around his website. Unfortunately, those strategy games really don't catch my eye. It's like listening to your favourite singer singing in the Eurovision contest, you might like him but it doesn't catch you ;)

By the way, I've just finished the act 3 report of Psi Cop if anyone is interested. More to come soon :P
Meh, everything comes to an end, and so have the adventures of the Psi Cop. Comments welcome (I probably have to proofread it again, but I'm tired and it's late :D)

http://walkiry.no-ip.org/psicop/
Back on topic there is actually a cookiecutter uber build here

CE, Amp, Skeleton mastery and a Thorns merc

Back off topic, wow Walkiry! That's an excellent read. Great humour and some very interesting original research (such as the AS portals issue). In fact, she reminds me of a Zakarum priestess I met in my youth ;)

One quick question - have you managed to discover any form of auto-targetting for Telekinesis? I was able to get Psychic Hammer to auto-target by keeping the click lock at the edge of the screen (right mouse button)
OMG

Quote:*Snicker* Yes, those are mortals that use forbidden magic to gain powerful artifacts. But, due to the nature of these arts, the Gods themselves destroy them when they catch them.

I had to lie down after that part. My sides just burst :lol:

Fantastic effort :D
First post - hello people. Some know who I am :wink:

I would love to hear about this. I have a dormant inferno sorc that people say "wow that thing has range" . Level 30 right now and I am level 37- when mastery is maxed, throw a few more + skills and I should be looking at 34/34 maybe higher. Exciting stuff- and quite fun.
Freaky, Horned, Burny, Skull Thingie Guy
Brista,Apr 11 2003, 01:30 AM Wrote:One quick question - have you managed to discover any form of auto-targetting for Telekinesis? I was able to get Psychic Hammer to auto-target by keeping the click lock at the edge of the screen (right mouse button)
Nope, and I've tried several things (like press-release highlight objects, TK the limit of my light radius as well as the screen border) but to no avail. The targets must be selected one by one.