What the....
As an intresting tidbit, elite sorceress orbs have a ridicolously high base damage. In fact, the Dimensional Shard has a higher average damage than the elite one handed swords and axes! Isn't there something wrong with a mage weapon doing more damage than a melee weapon?

Sadly, there are no such things as Cruel Diemnsional shards as those prefixes aren't available. But if there happens to be a unique elite orb... it would have the potential to be the ultimate melee sorceress weapon... :huh:

Elite staves do big damage too, which would make you think Blizz was trying to encourage melee sorcs, but the lack of big enhanced damage prefixes just contradicts this. For now we have ribcrackers and Naj's staves. It makes you think that elite unique staves in 1.10 are going to have melee mods :)

So many hopes...
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yes... I can imagine it now... a unique elite orb drops while I'm playing with my sorceress, eyes open wide in awe quickly picking it up for fear of b.net's known troubles, indentifying it.... 300% ed what the hell?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
So, would you use that one, or make a new sorc and level to the insanely high level of 98 that would be required?
Elite uniques will not be class dependant. Also, all elite uniques save for the coil are based on uniques from Diablo one, so I would be really happy if they did add some. But then again, I never heard about them adding elite uniques in 1.10, where was this? Anyways, I don't think an elite unique would be created for a such an uncommon build. My personal sorceress has 76 strength and 25 dexterity.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Demonspike Coat.

Gnarled Root. Dreamflange.

Torn Flesh of Souls (*hears Lemming cheer in the distance*), Empyrean Band, The Ring of Truth, The Rainbow Cloak...

Wisdom's Wrap! The Needler! Gotterdamerung! Royal Circlet!

... Shadowhawk!...

Oh... this could be FUN. :D
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I love the demonspike coat... :) The needler was extremely useful for killing the butcher with my low level warrior... :) And wasn't the torn flesh of souls the only 2X2 armor in the game?

And maybe they could activate the Constricting Ring (but power it down a little). I remember finding the constricting ring in D1...
I remember finding the constricting ring in d1 too....every goddamn time I killed the butcher!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
the Langolier,Apr 11 2003, 06:34 PM Wrote:Elite uniques will not be class dependant.  Also, all elite uniques save for the coil are based on uniques from Diablo one, so I would be really happy if they did add some.  But then again, I never heard about them adding elite uniques in 1.10, where was this?  Anyways, I don't think an elite unique would be created for a such an uncommon build.  My personal sorceress has 76 strength and 25 dexterity.
Actualy it's all up to speculation, but it has been suggested by Blizzard that new uniques will activated and since we have uniques for every exceptional item, it's only logical to assume they would be elite.

And of course they made items for uncommon builds. Ribcracker? Naj's set :) We can't have all cookie-cutter uniqes anyways.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:we have uniques for every exceptional item
We only have 3 unique throwing weapons (all are excep, but 1 is a CSI)\
So that is a few more normal uniques...
Look in the 1.07 uniqueitems.txt in d2exp.mpq, you should see some extra entries. B)