Poll: Do you play Utopia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, It's a great game!
18.75%
3 18.75%
Yes, but I am thinking of quitting.
12.50%
2 12.50%
I used to, but not now.
37.50%
6 37.50%
No, but I might...
6.25%
1 6.25%
Never!!
25.00%
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you play Utopia?
It is an online game at games.swirve.com/utopia and you play the ruler of a province... it is always online, so stuff happens when you aren't there also. :D
I played for a couple Ages, but it got old after a bit. I seemed to get stuck with crappy kingdom after crappy kingdom... it's a real drag to play when people don't understand the concepts of retaliation, defending, and such.

(Not to say that I was an expert or anything, but the basic concepts of warfare seemed to be beyond the graps of many :o :D )
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
I ended up in a new kingdom with smart players... :) So it was fun, until I didn't get to log on in time for the new age. :( Now I can't find my old kingdom... so I have to start over.
I played a few years ago, and started back up recently. It's a good game, but I cannot tolerate the "downtime" happening very much more. It's enormously frustrating making a thousand mouse clicks to try to do something that normally takes one click, and feeling like you have to continue trying because the game time keeps going whether you are able to play or not.
Nystul,Apr 12 2003, 08:15 AM Wrote:I played a few years ago, and started back up recently.  It's a good game, but I cannot tolerate the "downtime" happening very much more.  It's enormously frustrating making a thousand mouse clicks to try to do something that normally takes one click, and feeling like you have to continue trying because the game time keeps going whether you are able to play or not.
i play i been playing since utopia since it was born i.e i was tester for it when it was private beta invite then went public
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
I played for about 2 years, but then I decided I wanted those 2-4 hours a day I was spending back. I was in a pretty good kingdom with some nice folks in it. My kd was Angels of Absalom, we were top 20 on BF for NW/land for a few ages.
Lucky...