Does multishot "miss"
I noticed Multishot has an attack rating, but I never noticed it missing. Does it?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Nice Tutorials
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Were you (or whoever you saw) using a bow soceted with Jah? or Eth? or a bow with ignores targets defense (ie. eaglehorn) any of these would cause Multishot to never "miss."
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Due to the fact that a NUMBER of arrows is applied to a target for a tohit chance there is a hidden ar "bonus" you could call it. Every missile that "hits" a mob has a chance to hit, but only one actually gets to.
-Saga_Keeper
ignores target defense doesn't mean auto-hit. at most it's 95% chance to hit. and it could be less. all it does is reduce the target's defense rating to 0. the level vs. level comparison is factored in later, so a lvl 6 attacker vs. a lvl 99 defender would still only have about a 10% chance of hitting. the eth rune behaves somewhat differently and is bugged (i don't remember how right now), but it doesn't provide auto-hit either.
Isolde,Apr 14 2003, 04:02 AM Wrote:the eth rune behaves somewhat differently and is bugged (i don't remember how right now), but it doesn't provide auto-hit either.
reduce the target's defense rating to -25% of original. the level vs. level comparison is factored in later

(from forum reading rather than tests)
Hail Brista,

That is how it is SUPPOSED to work: it actually does -100% defense, then factors in mlvl vs clvl.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I expressed myself ambiguously I think

My understanding is that it reduces defence to -25% rather than by -25%

So a 1000 defence monster would have -250 defence instead of 750.

So, Elric, would it in fact get defence 0 - in other words Eth works like Jah except that it also effects bosses?
Saga_Keeper,Apr 13 2003, 10:03 PM Wrote:Due to the fact that a NUMBER of arrows is applied to a target for a tohit chance there is a hidden ar "bonus" you could call it. Every missile that "hits" a mob has a chance to hit, but only one actually gets to.
-Saga_Keeper
This does effectively mean that it is almost impossible to miss a small group with high level multi

The maths should be, say with an 88% chance to hit with a 25 arrow multi

probability of hit on first monster = 1.00 - ((1.00-0.88) to the power of 25)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I thought they changed that with 1.09 so that only one arrow made an attack attempt against a monster in a given volley. Did they never actually do this?
-TheDragoon
Brista,Apr 15 2003, 01:30 AM Wrote:probability of hit on first monster = 1.00 - ((1.00-0.88) to the power of 25)
Not quite. Depending on where you are tagerted when you fire, only a few arrows collide with a monster and possibly hit. I would suspect that even with a tight spray of arrows, only 4 or 5 have a chance to hit. With 88% to hit, however, the chances are very high that an arrow will hit. Yes, only one arrow is allowed to hit per cast, so if the first arrow connects, the other 4 will pass through.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
As far as I know there is only one check edit: per monster made if a Multishot volley hits something or not.

If succesful damage is taken from one and only one arrow.
If unsuccesful all arrows miss.

Number of arrows in the Multishot volley are not important what is important is your AR/Clvl.

Related to this are :

Pierce
The bugged Strafe

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
TheDragoon,Apr 15 2003, 11:09 AM Wrote:I thought they changed that with 1.09 so that only one arrow made an attack attempt against a monster in a given volley.  Did they never actually do this?
They did. The parameter settings for how this is handled are in missiles.txt for the MultipleShotArrow (missile id=213) and MultipleShotBolt (missile id=214). It works in the same way that a target will only get hurt once from a 'nova-type' attack even though they are in the area for multiple time ticks (frames). This is also why Diablos LBoD will only hurt you once for every few missiles that actually hit you.
Ok, I'm glad I'm not imagining things! B)
-TheDragoon
Which parameters is that (these)? I'd love to control this... :ph34r:
FoxBat,Apr 15 2003, 09:39 PM Wrote:Which parameters is that (these)?  I'd love to control this...  :ph34r:
That should be NextDelay, wich is the amount of frames (ticks) that need to pass between each hit. It looked to me that it also had to have NextHit = 1 for it to work, but DiabLight has NextHit = 0... Ruvanal can probably explain it in more detail.