Fire Blaze Sorc
I've been thinking on making a Blazer Sorc because it sounds like fun and can be challenging... my question is if it is a viable build, I don't want a useless sorc who can't kill anything but I also don't want a sorc that can kill anything in two seconds.

So if anyone has tried it already can you tell me how it is like?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
You need to select another skill tree to deal with Fire Immunes.

However, Blaze can take you as far as you want to go. It works great. :)

Check the Story of Hotfoot, or check out some posts ON THE ARMORY to see the various discussions on Blaze.

Fun skill, takes some getting the hang of, but I think you will like it.

As for other skills . . . Blizzard is a nice complement to Blaze if you want to lag out the PC of everyone you are playing with, Chain Lightning would work well, since your running about will tend to string enemies out behing you, so you can line them up and squeeze them off. T Storm would not, I don't think, work out as well.

Orb? Easy to see how that would work.

Glacial Spike? Would probably work out very well.

A bit in Static may help with bosses, or leave it alone.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
A Blaze babe is one of the most easy character to play! At least it was for me!
But as it require a uniqe play style, it is not to cheasy!

Thunderstorm works actual very nice with blaZe as auto targeting is what you want while running!
Blizzard works very well also. As it is cast and forget!
As does Static field.
And actual a lot other skills.
Ochhis mention the chain lightning - a nice idea. Even nova might be a good try if you dare!

But in the basic idea why go for mana hungry spells with this setup as there is actual no need for high amount off mana with blaze! This means Thunderstorm (with a drop of static) and either Blizzard or Orb for FIs. And else Blaze with a drop of firewall ( to get those shooters to move into the blaze).

Forget about a merc!

A blaze baby is very easy to equip for "the poor" one as the runewords "leaf" and "stealth" is around the best items you get for such a charachter!

Nearly all points goes to vitality. And just go for all the faster run walk you can get!

Remember your cold armour of choice as you will get moped! Also %chance to cast frostnova when struck items , (even to cast teleport -occolus ) is worth considering depending on how important survival is for you!

Jondifool
Thanks for all the info, I think I'll go with Static/Blizzard/Blaze and will use shivering armor (I don't want to freeze them solid, need them to get in my blaze!)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Actually, I would never waste a point into the cold armors. You just shouldn't be in melee range long enough to get hit more than once, and to make defense effective you will need a lot of it, meaning high strength and you will sacrifice more desired affixes. Teleport can move you away from enemies faster than many of them can attack. Also, because you will playing with blaze, most of the time your strategy will be to run away from the enemies as they follow you. I have plenty of sorc's that are in hell mode with 400 defense or less.

The only thing I might be able to see it useful for is slowing enemies down if they ever hit you. If you decided to go with blizzard, however, then most likely they will already be chilled. If you do decide to go for a cold armor, I would suggest nothing more than one point.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Greetings
I would take 1 point in a cold armour.

to the Langolier:
You are right about defense

But don't rule a 1 point cold armour out!
If you run upto enemies and and then run back you might be right as there is safe space to return to! And it might be a waste with a cold armour (maybe!) . But runing past monster into new coridors would certainly get you in situations where you get hit and stucked and then hit a lot (not to mention lag!)! Cold armour can make a big difference there while waiting for some targets to burn away and leave room for escape! (fast hit recovery is also helpfull)

In my experience monsters would not be chilled from blizzard very often as most of the time I can't be bothered stopping and casting it! Its simply a spell I resort to agains FIs and as a good bye signal while blazing trough (when the terrain makes it a lot fun!). the roadrunner cartoon comes to my mind!

to TaiDaishar:
Against FI/CIs Static field would not be enough. So some lightning would needed as well. Even A low lvl Thunder storm would help. Also in the situations where you are moped!

with regards
Jondifool
I made an all fire skill sorc and currently still play her.

She uses Blaze, meteor, inferno, and enchant with maxed firemastery.

She uses Leaf runeword staff and also a 5 Pemerald bow (fo usse with enchant and allows her to deal somewhat with fire immunes.)

She is fun and my style is basically cast blaze run back, cast a few meteors, run back, and then inferno until stuff stops moving, sometimes switching to the bow instead of inferno.

This is a very fun build, and "cows" well, but can't do much else as there are fire immunes everywhere. However, blaze, when used with a backup skill from a different tree, is a very viable skill.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Yes, cold armors are cool. With +skill bonuses you could eaily have 2,000 defense which can help you in momments of lag or moments that you have to stand still like casting static field repeateldly. :)

And yea these armors would be useless in an ideal world because in an ideal world a sorc would not get hit. But this world is hardly ideal and you can hardly expect me to be alert all the time. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I had enormous fun with mine:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/...13&forum=Armory

:)
And so, polvorosa was born. You know, there's this expression in Spanish "poner pies en polvorosa", which means getting the heck out of somewhere :D

It's itching me, everyone says it's great fun :)