Silly Scams
Every time I log on there must be some dork spamming "Blizzard is backing up the database please message your name/password to *iamablizzardimposter"

Fortunately most of the people are smart enough to laugh and toy around. My password is just ******* ;) But it disturbs me that people still fall for that especialy since there's a message that says Blizzard won't ask you for your password on the right pane of the chat screen!!

The /dnd acct/pass is just as annoying.

Just remember Blizzard personal are marked by a blue cape.

Or I have Unid "Soj" or Unid "tal's ammy"

You would think scammers would have thought of new tricks by now. How do they make a living of dishonesty by not being clever. That's just baffling. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:How do they make a living of dishonesty by not being clever. That's just baffling.

I think it is because they continue to find victims who are similarly not clever. Furthermore, it costs them nothing to try, so if they try it a thousand times and it works once, they have made a profit. If there was an effective mechanism to punish scammers, only then will the scams become more sophisticated, through the process of natural selection.
This one is moderately humorous, too:

<1337_5c4|V||V|e|2> whoa, blizard blox out ur passwd in chat! look ====> *******
<Slayer Gullible> Really? thisismypassword
<Slayer Gullible> Hm, it showed up on my screen.
<1337_5c4|V||V|e|2> itz like teh bad wurd filter... we cant see it
<Slayer Gullible> Cool.

:blink:
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
I saw someone trying to pass off (unid) Moonfall as Baranar's Star, and Milabrega's Robe as IK's Soul Cage..... i had to give him credit for origionality B)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Apr 15 2003, 08:26 PM Wrote:I saw someone trying to pass off (unid) Moonfall as Baranar's Star, and Milabrega's Robe as IK's Soul Cage..... i had to give him credit for origionality&nbsp; B)
No originality in that... it's been tried and tried again for countless of times using a lot of other things...

And I like scammers, always fun to pretend you're an idiot and trying to "join the l33t clan that give free godly items to members", hehe, I love making a fool outta the scammer, it's fun, you should try it.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
What I do to them is I do a whois and start whispering them my life story I make up on the spot. :)
hi evryne, this is a blizz employeee and wee at blizzz want you to know we are working on this problm. Smply post yur accountname//pw here and send you each a .08 wf for caring as muuch as wee do.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
OMGOMG LOLOL!!! i wan 08 wf!!!11 My pass is *********! OMG LOLOL!!!!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
my fav. thing is to let them steal my account. no im not crazy :blink: or a noob i have an account set a side made just to be stolen. with a nasty msg writen out in the char. names for the scammer. some times i'll even fill the chars with useless items like potions and scrolls. for them. :D
*runs off to make a "haxxor killer" account!
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Quote:i have an account set a side made just to be stolen

That's a good idea....
Evil, but Good....

I still ask though, why would anyone want to scam? :huh: Are they really THAT bad at D2??
I suppose they feel a hunger, or some kind of insecurity.... I guess the mind of a scammer is a very complex/too simple for words thing....
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
dragon star,Apr 16 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:my fav. thing is to let them steal my account. no im not crazy&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; or a noob i have an account set a side made just to be stolen. with a nasty msg writen out in the char. names for the scammer. some times i'll even fill the chars with useless items like potions and scrolls. for them. :D
Excelent contribution, and welcome to the Lounge. Just be sure to use proper grammer and capitalization in your future posts - it makes them easier to read.

My message would have to be "You are an idiot :( :( :( :(" With an appropriate link in the profile...
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Actually, I was thinking of a making an account and putting in every single isenheart's case I found. Once it was a full account of characters full of isenheart's cases, then I'd have the account for the purpose suggested earlier. We should make a lurker lounge shared account for that! I'll be we can fill up a new account every day, then have a nice list of them to pass on to those who work so hard to trick people.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I have an account called URAnIdiot (or something like that) with the char name as YesUR (I spelled like that since I thought that using their native language would make it easier for them to read. :) ) It is a zon using a cracked short bow, broken gloves, and the inventory is filled with keys.
I'd just arrange some Stamina Potions into a rough :P face in the Stash. Fortunately for me, I'm not stupid enough to set foot in a BattleNet Realm a second time though. BattleNet itself is the biggest scam in the game, mostly from the '1337ness' of some of it's (ab)users. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Make an account with a couple characters and rush them to around 80.
Put stuff on them that's moderate quality from your mules so they seem authentic.
Let the account fall victim to a scammer.
After a few months, contact blizzard and take the account back since it was created on your cd key.
If you're lucky you might have alot of good items to enjoy. ;)
*conniving while rubbing hands together eagerly* yes...Yes...YES we must! muahahhahahaha MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA MWAHHHHHHHHH

-Wapptor (er I got kind of, um, carried away there...)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
you know it funny just how lazy scammers have gotten. instead of having the plan they just say "give me your passwords or ill kill you!"
KrisKarnage,Apr 19 2003, 06:20 PM Wrote:you know it funny just how lazy scammers have gotten. instead of having the plan they just say "give me your passwords or ill kill you!"
Even funnier that some will give the pass :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"