Red Skill Tab Bug
My paladin got PK'd by a trigger hack(Less than half a second) so I made a Barbarian to replace him. He got to second level, chose Bash, a few stat points, and then . . . each level his skill number remaining stayed red, even though it increased. I could choose no more skills. I got to level 5, got irritatied, logged in and out a few times, and decided to start over.

Delete Character

Started another barbarian, With him, I could choose all of the stats I wanted, never could choose a skill. It was red the whole time.

Let him die to fallen in Underground Passage at level 6. Irritating.

Deleted Character.

OK, started a third character.

Same sh** different day.

I have never seen this before. The guys in the various pubbies I was in, I started three, joined two others, had no probs like that.

Do I have to re install the game?

I am out of ideas. Logging in and out of account does not seem to change a thing. The skills are counting backwards from zero to red numbers in increasing magnitude . . . I had on occasion see this before, but a log in and out usually solved it.

Some new bnet problem, or do I have a corrupted file?

PS: the darned search got me no where. :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hail Occhi,

I had that once on Open. I rebooted the PC and it worked fine after that (though, I did nuke the character too - not sure if they would have still worked or not). Afraid I have no explanation or anything: it happened to me, and that's what I did *shrugs*
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Have a solution, as this happened to me once and Blizzard actually replied to my email :D

1. Open up Windows Explorer and point your way to the \Diablo II\save\ folder.
2. Delete the folder inside the save folder that corresponds to the realm that your character exists in.
3. Connect to the realm, load up that character and continue allocating your skill points :)

Hope that helps.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
We had talked about this some months ago, and I could not remember what it was that solved the problem.

Thanks, you refreshed my memory and solved the problem. :)
In Memory of Pete
You don't have to reboot, just restart the app. There's a global variable on the client that gets screwed up.
Isolde,Apr 17 2003, 12:40 AM Wrote:You don't have to reboot, just restart the app.  There's a global variable on the client that gets screwed up.
Hail Isolde,

Not related to this topic but did you know that at times the game (realm) gets the difficulty wrong.

Easy to test as Akara sells those funny little Health potions on Hell mode instead of the Super Healing Potions.

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
Edit: this was in resonse to Isolde.

However, deleting the folder and letting the Realm server refresh the folder from the Server side, per the suggestion, works like a charm. :)
In Memory of Pete
I had this problem on single player. happened with a level 40+ barb and I just quit playing him for a while. The problem eventually corrected itself.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci