i have an prob
ware can i change my gataway send me a email
kiss Wrote:,Apr 20 2003, 09:28 PM] ware can i change my gataway send me a email

I think that intended to be something like:

How can I change my Gateway?. Please reply.

See dude; does your mouse *clicks* when you press down with your forefinger?.
Es fácil descender al infierno. De día o de noche, las puertas de la Muerte están abiertas de par en par; pero retornar, volver sobre tus pasos para llegar a la superficie... He aquí el auténtico desafío.

Virgilio, La Eneida
In the main menu, click "Multiplayer"

In the bottom left corner, there should be the words "Select Gateway". Click it.

Then, pick which Gateway you wish to use, and press Done.

However, if you do not have that box, then you need to log onto Battle.net, and download the latest Diablo 1 patch, version 1.09, and that should allow you to get the Select Gateway choice.

:) Goodluck
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Not sure for anyone else, but I know that for ME, any pre-1.08 client (Diablo, Starcraft / Brood War, Warcraft II: Battle.Net Edition) simply will not connect to Battle.Net. It either gives me the error
Quote:Your computer is not properly configured to support 32 bit Internet applications blah blah blah
or it boots me back to Multiplayer selection when it gets done "Searching for fastest Battle.Net server", i.e. back to the menu with B.Net, DCC, Modem, etc.

Your best bet is to download the 1.09 (or 1.09b, although Blizzard says it's ONLY for Windows NT :P) patch and apply it manually. Then again, manual patching is the best way ANYWAY. :P

Diablo Patch 1.09

Good luck! :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
There's no need to call him a moron, Barsine.

It is, however, perfectly appropriate to tell him chat-speak is not the vernacular of this forum.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I have my Diablo 1 patched manually, and this seemed some "flat I.Q. joke" to me (Can't he see that Dialog box in the bottom right?). The chat-speak contributed also.

Won't happen again.
Es fácil descender al infierno. De día o de noche, las puertas de la Muerte están abiertas de par en par; pero retornar, volver sobre tus pasos para llegar a la superficie... He aquí el auténtico desafío.

Virgilio, La Eneida
if i klik on select gateway syas that fras ip intarnet ip lan party i most go choose europe how can i change that the patch dont work
have sombody msn add me my e mail is noelmanspaul@hotmail.com add me
kiss Wrote:,Apr 21 2003, 10:15 AM] if i klik on select gateway syas that fras  ip intarnet ip lan party i most go choose europe how can i change that the patch dont work
Come again? :blink:
Chat-speak is not acceptable here. We don't have any idea what you're saying.

-Lem
i can explane that not so good my engels is not so good sombody from belguim add me whit msn
add me i can send you my prob in a pic
The reason why Kiss is trying very hard to get some help here is that I can't help him with his problem. SO... if you hit on anyone, hit on me !

About the English, that is not done intentionally, the poor guy just does not know the language that well. We can't all be native speakers now can we? ( I know, I know, mine is far from perfect too, but at least we are trying to ...)

I have had him explain the problem to me in our native language several times, but I cant' seem to find the answer.
So ok here I go :

Kiss has been playing diablo at battlenet for quite a while. After a while his connection started breaking up pretty fast every time he logged in and now he is unable to access battlenet.
I advised him to try and re-install diablo. Obviously did not help one bit.
After receiving a screenshot from him, I thought he did not patch yet ...
told him to do that and he told me he has done that too.
But still he can't connect ?

I'm running out of advice here ... that why I told kiss to try and find someone with more b-net experience to help him.
He seems to have ended up here. Sorry, I should have kept better track of him.
But the problem still remains the same:
we have a kid that is desperately trying to get on b-net and not succeeding ...

I am putting his screenshot online so you guys can take a look at it ...
kiss's screenshot

ANY CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE ?

thnx,
Jane
"Broodwars"?

What patch did he apply, exactly? That is the WEIRDEST thing I have ever seen. :huh:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I told him to get the 1.09 patch, but I haven't seen his computer, so I can't be 100% sure.
Broodwars: that looks pretty starcraft to me, but Kiss does not have starcraft, so I'm lost there too :(
I will send him the patch in an e-mail, maybe he just patched something wrong ...
What the hell is that? Maybe that Starcraft thingy has overwritten some Battle.net settings in the registry. I took a look-see into my own reg and there was a key named "Battle.net" with a value called "Battle.net gateways". I only have Diablo installed as far as Blizzard goes, so perhaps anyone with more of their products knows if my hunch is true or not. Does Blizzard use the same registry key for all their games and maybe that causes problems?

Jane, try to get Kiss to send you a screenshot of his registry that concerns battle.net. Here's the procedure:
Run "regedit.exe", browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Battle.net" and then expand all keys, click on "Configuration" and take a screenie. Maybe that will let us see a bit more.

Stupid GeoCities, doesn't support external linking to pix. :angry:
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
So, at the end, the poor guy was helpless, and couldn't communicate well. Basically, I've been stomping at someone who is like me (some helpless with computers), and that couldn't communicate well. GREAT Barsine. How embarrasing.

Jane, you that can communicate with him well, ask him for my most sincere excuses. I BELIEVE that he has installed an incorrect patch, and that he should de-install Diablo (and the patch) and then re-install Diablo and install the appropiate patch later. There is more than one patch for Diablo (depending on the system he maybe using...), so your friend should ask/post info about his system here before attempting. I could be wrong, so ask the rest of the people here, who will be more knowledgeable (and kind) than me.

And, for the rest of you who are reading... this forum has its standards, and I have standards of my own, call my "code of honour", whatever you wish... this unfortunate incident has been very embarrasing for me, to the point that I'd feel ridiculous and unworthy of asking anything in the future from you, lurkers, who have always been so kind and helpful with me. So no more chatter. Some will think that this is (again) some precipitated, but... I deserve exile, so I'm not postig anymore here.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me here.

Farewell.

Virgilio, La Eneida
Barsine, I will tell him you are sorry.
I'm sure he will forgive you ;-) After all, you can't know who is seriously trying to communicate and who is just being annoying. I suppose your reaction came from a long line of people who been here before, just being plain annoying and you don't want to waste any more time with them.

Yogi, I will pass on the word to him, but I am kind of confused ...
Kiss says he does not have starcraft, so how could that be overwriting anything?
But I'll tell him to watch his registry just the same.
If it does not look the same, should he delete those keys and patch again?
I'm not too familiar wit the registry so just yell pretty hard if he should not do that ;-)

As far as that patch is concerned, I just sent him the same one that worked for another member of our clan (the one linked above by Roland). Does not solve the issue.
If it really is a registry prob he definitely would have to re-install right?

edit:
my registry looks about the same, just a few more keys in there for diablo II ( hey and I can't even access b-net with my diablo II lol)
Well if that "Broodwars" string was in there, it was definitely installed on the computer at some point. Unless he somehow patched Diablo with a Broodwars patch, which should be nearly, IMHO even completely impossible.

Tampering with the registry may result in extremely weird behaviour, so you better tell him not to mess with it unless he's absolutely sure what he's doing.

The best thing (when it comes to being sure) would be reinstalling windows, but that (along with all user programs) can take up to a day so it's a last resort at best. You do get a nice clean computer though. :)

If it was my computer, I'd remove all Blizzard products, clean up the registry (remove the Blizzard & Battle.net keys) and then reinstall Diablo alone. Then connect to Battle.net (it automatically upgrades D to 1.09) or manually install the patch, and try then. It _SHOULD_ work, but computers have no limits when it comes to surprises. Maybe he's just unfortunate, the poor sod.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I know how those keys got there, I think. Though it may be different for clients of a different nationality (game client, not computer / user), I'm fairly certain that it's not the case.

What your friend inadvertantly did (and this NEVER ceased to amaze me how people can do something like this and not realize it) is add in a registry entry (probably by opening a registry file, which would have added all that junk to his Gateway listing; moreover, it could have contained ONLY those gateways, and NONE of the Battle.Net gateways, which would have given the result that you are seeing) with those servers. Now, what confuses me is the whole LAN Party / LAN Intranet bit. But, all that aside, FSGS is a B.Net server emulation program, popular awhile back before they disappeared off the face of the earth. BroodWars, I am assuming, is either something along the same vein, or possibly an install of SC: BW, although I doubt it.

My advice to him is to download a B.Net Gateway editor (I have one hosted at my site, if you need one), and manually delete, and then add in all the B.Net Gateways.

Battle.Net Gateway Editor - Download and run this (IGNORE the included registry file; it's ONLY used for Warcraft III). Click the "Starcraft / Broodwar" button (note that D1, SC, BW, and WC2BNE all use the same Gateway entries, while D2 and LoD use another set, and WC3 / WC3XP use yet another set). Then, delete ALL the entries, and put this in instead (IN THIS ORDER):

Servername: U.S. West
Hostname: uswest.battle.net
Zone: 8

Servername: U.S. East
Hostname: useast.battle.net
Zone: 6

Servername: Asia
Hostname: asia.battle.net
Zone: -9

Servername: Europe
Hostname: europe.battle.net
Zone: -1

After doing so, make sure he SAVES it, otherwise it will NOT take effect.

So, to recap:
1) Uninstall Diablo.
2) Reinstall Diablo.
3) MANUALLY patch from 1.00 to 1.09 (1.09b if you're on a Windows NT platform)
4) Download and run the BNetGatewayEditor.
5) Input the information as noted above, and SAVE IT.
6) Enjoy playing. ;)

If you have any further problems, post here, with as much information (including exported registry keys, screenshots, etc.) as you can. To export a registry entry, goto Start -> Run -> RegEdit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net\Configuration\, click Registry -> Export Registry File... and save it.

Best of luck to you. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*