Knockback in a weapon
will it apply to strikes made by that weapon (only) and or skills like blade shield?
Typically applies every attribute of the equipped weapon: HCMF, PMH, Knockback, etc.

Makes for some interesting outcomes.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hmm interesting. Is it common for bow venom assasins to use blade shield and a KB bow? Might be an idea if not. :D
Blade shield triggers those effects when you are hit I think. Not a good combination with ranged Venom
Actually I was thinking as a safety net skill. I doubt venom assasins are so hard up for skill points to spend that they cant afford 1 in blade shield. ;) Also IIRC blade shield is not like thorns it is an actual attack, but my experience with it is less than extensive to say the least. :D
I was using Iceblink on a Blade Shield polearm assassin until the clvl curve got bad in NM. I decided to switch to Crushing Blow gear, so I rustled up a Hone Sundan, Goblin Toes, and Rattlecage, and ran out into Act 4 NM to try it out. I was immediately swarmed by Venom Lords.

I forgot about the HCMTF on Rattlecage.

Imagine being at the center of a particle accelerator. Monsters would race up, get tagged by HCMTF, and run away, run back. Venom Lords being awfully fast, it was like some hellish pachinko machine. No monster could stay close long enough to be dangerous, but I couldn't kill very fast. Nothing would stand and be slain. That, and I was laughing too hard to control the mouse well. Eventually I resorted to using Phoenix Strike to freeze everything so I could actually finish something off.

I think I'll switch to Guillaume's Face in the near future, but for the amusement value Blade Shield and HCMTF can't be beat.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
When within range.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The range and duration are terrible for an s.lvl 30 skill, and it doesn't go off as often as you'd think since it seems to perform some wierd tohit check, and many monsters have more then range 1 which seems to be the range of the shield.
-Saga
Hail Saga Keeper,

Blade Shield uses the range of your weapon, so if you use Katars you have only a short range. I've heard of builds that wield polearms to get the most out of the skill :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.