When do Blizzard use to release patches?
I read that Bill Roper said in the latest Blizzard interview that 1.10 should be released in about 3 weeks? (haven't heard the interview yet, but I will when it's archived at that site I don't remember the URL of)

He has said earlier that 1.10 "will not be a subject" at the E3 Expo.

So that narrows down the possible date quite well, unless there are any unexpected delays. :)

If we count this week, 3 weeks from now would be May 5 - 9. I think E3 starts the week after so that seems to fit things well. :)

Now, do anyone know when they've released their past couple of patches? Would be interesting to know if there's a pattern (like if they're more likely to release during Monday to Wednesday than Wednesday to Friday).
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Hail Jugulator,

Simple: we take the announced period of time (three weeks), multiplay it by pi, and use that as our base frames. We then calculate the speed formula for 28%IAS (28 days in a lunar month), and we get the following...

{256*((3*pi) + 1)/<(100 + <28/(1 + 28/120)>)/100*256>} - 1

Which gives us...

{2668.743 / <100 + 22 / 100 * 256>} - 1

Or...

{2668.743 / 312} - 1

Which gives us 7 more weeks until the release of 1.10. However, that is only if we do not factor in the crack-factor: if we take that into account, then our release date is the first of Octember.

In short, release dates are not worth a pinch of salt: wait until you see positive notification that the server is currently being patched for 1.10 ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Hehe, that was the kind of answer I could expect. :) I just recall hearing that they usually don't release patches close to the weekends in case they'd screw things up. Too bad they've cleaned their announcement archives -- otherwise this could've been easily checked. Hmm... Perhaps the dates on their FTP site might tell us? :D
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Jugalator,Apr 22 2003, 10:01 AM Wrote:He has said earlier that 1.10 "will not be a subject" at the E3 Expo.
Which of course means it will not be released before E3, and thus discussing the newest additions and/or issues will not be in the agenda :P :lol:
Walkiry,Apr 22 2003, 04:39 PM Wrote:Which of course means it will not be released before E3, and thus discussing the newest additions and/or issues will not be in the agenda :P :lol:
I dont mean to spam by adding a pointless post, but I found that very humorous Walkiry! :lol: I keep hearing from my non-believing friends that it's "never" going to come out... that if 'god' has his way, lightining will strike down from the sky and kill the blizzard programmer along with the data for the patch the day it's suppose to be release.

EDIT- had date instead of data. :P
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Or we could ask Punxsutawney Phil to come out of his hole and if he sees his shadow, 6 more weeks until 1.10. No shadow and 1.10 is just around the corner!
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
If that theres a groundhog, i'ma get meself down to the local pet store and by one of them fellows!
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Are you making fun of me?? I'm from Punxsutawney! ;)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Walkiry,Apr 22 2003, 04:39 PM Wrote:Which of course means it will not be released before E3, and thus discussing the newest additions and/or issues will not be in the agenda :P :lol:
Hehe, or perhaps he's saying that by then they'll have revealed that it was only an april fool's joke that got way more attention than they had thought it would get.
Actual Isolde just stated that we shouldn't expect the patch before E3 as they (at blizzard ) have to get ready for the E3 Jazz!

"Where have all the patches gone ! Long time pa...."