Not a world changing issue....
...but did anyone know that there is a bug that allows Baal to kill you a long time, even hours, after he is killed?

It's really simple. Kill Baal, go to the worldstone keep level, stand around for a little bit, and eventually he'll kill you. Everybody nows not to stand around in the Worldstone Keep, but I never noticed this tidbit before.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Are you talking about the maniacal laughter and then the lightning or poison bombing that happens once in a while? If so, then you're right; that's supposed to be Baal taunting you or whatever, and it sure wouldn't make sense if it continued after you've killed him. It doesn't make logical sense that it continues after you kill Baal, but it doesn't surprise me that Blizzard didn't think to make sure it stops when you finish the quest. Good one.

Orbert
Liza Bow 83, Polgara Tri-Sorc 82, Jane Jav 81, Kathryne Sassy 79, Bellina Xbow 78
Alfredo AxeBarb 81, Bob Pal 80, Zachary Necro 78, Merrick Werewolf 78

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Worldstone Keep levels are inhabited by an invisible 'monster' IIRC. It attacks when your character remains motionless for a few seconds and can't be targeted or impede you in any way.

Of course it won't stop when Baal dies. :blink:

*Shrugs* Maybe it should. :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I'd still call it a bug. While it technically makes sense, and would need extra work to get it working right... it really stretches common sense a bit too far, unless Baal can strike back from the grave or such. (Hmmmm.... )
Well, if you are right by the worldstone, and the worldstone is the gateway, and you kill Baal (send him to hell) doesn't that mean he can still get you, since you are so close to his door, but he just can't get close...
Quote:Posted on Apr 23 2003, 09:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Worldstone Keep levels are inhabited by an invisible 'monster' IIRC. It attacks when your character remains motionless for a few seconds and can't be targeted or impede you in any way.

Of course it won't stop when Baal dies. 

*Shrugs* Maybe it should.  
Post Settings

Exactly, but when that invisible monster kills you, it say ".............. was slain by Baal." So Baal can kill you from the dead.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Albion Child,Apr 24 2003, 02:33 AM Wrote:
Quote:Posted on Apr 23 2003, 09:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course it won't stop when Baal dies. 

*Shrugs* Maybe it should.  
Post Settings

Exactly, but when that invisible monster kills you, it say ".............. was slain by Baal." So Baal can kill you from the dead.
I can vouche for that. I was killed there too many times to recall and it defenatly says Baal kills you!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Why would it be technically hard to do?
Chaos Sanctuary when all seal bosses are killed aren't all other remaining monsters in CS also taken out of the game? They could do something similar no?

And what is the deal with that evil force thingy in Mephisto's chamber... I never understood that.
Is that some hatred filled soul thing infected by Mephisto's hateful spirit?
. . . Can strike before Mehpisto dies, and are treated by the game as Traps. I tried any number of ways to attack and destroy them, and nothing worked, back before the Expansion came out.

*never did try Holy Bolt, though . . . *
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
We actually lost a hardcore character in a Hell game to the Evil Spirit about a minute after Meph had been killed.

It can definitely hit you afterwards!