Claws of Thunder
If I used claws of thunder (2nd or 3rd charge), would things like deadly strike work with the bolts or nova? Also does my weapon damage increse the bolt/nova damage?
Nice try.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Slight hijack, but still on the same topic. Say I charged up Claws of Thunder to the second charge (the nova), and releashed it with Dragon Tail (boom-boom knockback kick). Would monsters in the center of the explosion be hit with the nova, knocked back and then hit with the nova again? That'd be neat.
Sporky Smurf,Apr 24 2003, 05:06 PM Wrote:Slight hijack, but still on the same topic. Say I charged up Claws of Thunder to the second charge (the nova), and releashed it with Dragon Tail (boom-boom knockback kick). Would monsters in the center of the explosion be hit with the nova, knocked back and then hit with the nova again? That'd be neat.
No, there is a 4 frame delay before the same nova blast can hurt the same target more than once.
A second hijack :P (Wow....lets see if a third happens soon lol)

Ok...I was reading somewhere that Elemental damage travels with elemental claws (FoF, and BoI were specificially mentioned...)....Is this true, and to what extent (I'll give a few examples so you can explain where and what damage is done....I can figure out how much easily enough on my own after that heh)

Examples:

1. I have 400 poison damage (doesn't matter # of seconds) , Fully charged fist of Fire.....does it (the core hit) do Phys + Fire + Poison or just Phys + Fire, or just phys? and what about the actual fire explosion - does it transfer just Fire Damage, or Fire + Poison only, or Fire + Physical ,or Fire + Physical + Poison?

2. I have Fully Charged Fist of Fire, Fully Charged Claws of Thunder, Fully Charged Blades of Ice - I hit an enemy....does the effect from the hit (the splash effects, core hit would've been answered in #1) - do only that specific graphic's damage (ie the fire only does fire, the ice only does ice, the lightning only does lightning) or do they intermingle in some way in their effects and if so - how do they intermingle? (would the cb bolts be doing all the damage from the other 2 skills for example)

3. I have phoenix strike (1 charge) and Blades of Ice charged - does the meteor just do fire damage or does it do the cold damage from blades of ice?......and visa versa.
Repeat for Charge 2 Phoenix and Charge 3 - and for each of the other elemental chargups (FoF, CoT, BoI).

For info: Charge 1 PS = Meteor, Charge 2 PS = Lightning, Charge 3 PS = Chaos Ice Bolt (the cool FO kinda thing).
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Logic_X,Apr 26 2003, 05:27 AM Wrote:1. I have 400 poison damage (doesn't matter # of seconds) , Fully charged fist of Fire.....does it (the core hit) do Phys + Fire + Poison or just Phys + Fire, or just phys? and what about the actual fire explosion - does it transfer just Fire Damage, or Fire + Poison only, or Fire + Physical ,or Fire + Physical + Poison?

2. I have Fully Charged Fist of Fire, Fully Charged Claws of Thunder, Fully Charged Blades of Ice - I hit an enemy....does the effect from the hit (the splash effects, core hit would've been answered in #1) - do only that specific graphic's damage (ie the fire only does fire, the ice only does ice, the lightning only does lightning) or do they intermingle in some way in their effects and if so - how do they intermingle? (would the cb bolts be doing all the damage from the other 2 skills for example)
The core hit from any charged up attack will be your normal Physical Damage + the Elemental Damage from your charged up attack. With both Claws of Thunder and Blades of Ice charged up you will do both elemental damages in both the initial hit and in the 'blast radius'. The blast radius in theory is only the charge-up's elemental blast effects, however I have seen the blast from 2 charges of Blades of Ice carry the character's poison damage with it (this is presumably a bug).

Quote:3. I have phoenix strike (1 charge) and Blades of Ice charged - does the meteor just do fire damage or does it do the cold damage from blades of ice?......and visa versa.
Repeat for Charge 2 Phoenix and Charge 3 - and for each of the other elemental chargups (FoF, CoT, BoI).

For info: Charge 1 PS = Meteor, Charge 2 PS = Lightning, Charge 3 PS = Chaos Ice Bolt (the cool FO kinda thing).

The meteor does the meteor damage (can't remember if it was 100% Fire or had a Physical component - was probably only Fire) and Blades of Ice will do Cold damage separately.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
So basically PS is a "Cast" elemental and BoI, FoF, and CoT are all "Splash" elemental effects (comparison = Sorceress Lightning vs. Amazon Exploding arrow) - thnx.....just double checking (picked this up from another forum....and it kinda explained something about my elemental MA assassin....Multiple "splash" charges = pure and absolute "ouch" hit heh) - If you're wondering....it's cause my MA assassin was shredding almost anything with very low base damage (only like 1600 max display damage - but killing cows faster than comprable level paladins/druids/trap-asns.... I know, not a big accomplishment - but considering my low display it was suprising...)
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"