Another MPQ question
LemmingofGlory,Apr 27 2003, 11:59 AM Wrote:Since when does being new to Hex-editing and/or modding mean you create "poorly-conceived mods"?

Tool = More Modders
More Modders = More Mods
Quantity != Quality

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
...a little lacking, for a variety of reasons.

You ARE right, to some degree. I won't argue with that. But given that this is for Diablo, not Diablo II, and given that in order to do anything significant you still have to know ALOT, I don't think it'll be much of an issue.

Regardless, Diablo is an old game. Not nearly as many people play it as they do Diablo II. And, of those people, not very many are the hardcore gamers that would actually take the time, energy, and effort to modify it. So lack of quality is not a very large issue, IMO.

In other words: I see your point, but I think you're overreacting.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
In other words: I see your point, but I think you're overreacting.

Well, I've always had a penchant for the dramatic. ;)

Though Diablo may be old, I'd still point any would-be modders to Z&Z's Workshop over a program that does things for them. For a variety of reasons. :p
Quote:But given that this is for Diablo, not Diablo II, and given that in order to do anything significant you still have to know ALOT, I don't think it'll be much of an issue.

Hiya Roland,

I have a bit of an off-topic suggestion for you. Please don't take this the wrong way -- I'm just trying to helpful. I've read numerous posts made by you over the years, and I think now is about the time to correct you on something. You are making the same mistake that many people make. Heck, I used to be one of the worst offenders before I was soundly corrected.

"Alot" is not a word. You wouldn't say "alittle", would you? :)

"A lot" is perfectly fine, however.

-DeeBye
DeeBye,Apr 27 2003, 11:58 PM Wrote:Hiya Roland,

I have a bit of an off-topic suggestion for you.  Please don't take this the wrong way -- I'm just trying to helpful.  I've read numerous posts made by you over the years, and I think now is about the time to correct you on something.  You are making the same mistake that many people make.  Heck, I used to be one of the worst offenders before I was soundly corrected.

"Alot" is not a word.  You wouldn't say "alittle", would you? :)

"A lot" is perfectly fine, however.

-DeeBye
And it's one of the ONLY grammatical / spelling errors I let myself get away with. I'll delete a ten-page sentence to get an error at the beginning, but somehow I ALWAYS miss that "alot" bit. I try to spell it "a lot", but sometimes I just plumb screw it up and not notice.

I'm well aware of my mistakes. ;) Or rather, THE mistake. Just now when I make them. ;) Thanks for the heads up though. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Well, I've always had a penchant for the dramatic. ;)

So I've noticed. ;)

Quote:Though Diablo may be old, I'd still point any would-be modders to Z&Z's Workshop over a program that does things for them. For a variety of reasons. :P

I agree. But, as I'm sure you'd notice, I've been perusing there for the last week or so. ;) It just would be nice to have a tool to go with the knowledge, for while I'm learning. :D

But I agree 100%. A tool is no SUBSTITUTE for all that. It's just a good springboard into it, and a handy aid throughout. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*