Does leech stack?
I'm playing a Werewolf Druid... If I have a weapon that leeches life... say a 5% life leech, will that add to my feral rage leech or does it work differently?
Uhmmm.... yep, I'm a n00b
I am fairly sure that the leach stacks.
that's great... but doesn't leach from weapons/items get affected as one progresses through level difficulties but not feral(i.e Nightmare and Hell)?

My guess is a "yes"... I'm just thinking of my item strategy which is why I asked...
Quote:that's great... but doesn't leach from weapons/items get affected as one progresses through level difficulties but not feral(i.e Nightmare and Hell)?

You're referring to the 50% Global Physical Resist that monsters have in Hell difficulty. A by-product of this is that your life and mana steal gets only half its efficiency under those circumstances. Version 1.10 ("soon") will supposedly remove this 50% GPR and instead simply double the applicable monster life, returning "leech" to its proper, er, "glory".

(To answer the first question: Yes, all "leeching" stacks.)

Suitable leeching levels are dependant on your build and character class, of course. But, looking solely at a werewolf, Feral Rage (kept active) will be more than adequate to fulfill your life-stealing needs through to Patriarch. Mana steal becomes a non-issue fairly early in a werewolf's career.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hail Nico,

"You're referring to the 50% Global Physical Resist that monsters have in Hell difficulty."

Er... no, they are referring to the 50% leech effect in Nightmare and Hell Difficulties.

Anywho, to answer the original question, all leeches stack and work in the same way. However, if you have a good level of Ferral Rage, you'll probably not care overly much about stacking on some item-based Life Leech. A little mana leech can go a long way though :D
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:"You're referring to the 50% Global Physical Resist that monsters have in Hell difficulty."
Er... no, they are referring to the 50% leech effect in Nightmare and Hell Difficulties.

Are you saying that Steal takes a plunge to 25% in the higher difficulties?
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
No. Leech still takes a plunge to 50% in Hell, but physical damage also takes a simultaneous 50% plunge. The cumulative effect is that you have 25% of your ordinary Mana/Life Leeching capabilities, but this would be an incorrect way of stating/understanding the process.

I have also heard that the Leech from Feral Rage is not affected by the 50% NM/Hell Leech penalty. Haven't verified it, though.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Thanks for the info fellas...
no text
Garnered Wisdom --

FenrisWulf,Apr 28 2003, 04:40 AM Wrote:I have also heard that the Leech from Feral Rage is not affected by the 50% NM/Hell Leech penalty. Haven't verified it, though.
Really?

Can you remember where you heard it please Fenris?