Isenharts many breasts
For as long as I can remember, it has been a hotly debated issue. But in the end, there was always one huge flaw with each theory to answer the question "Why would any ONE MAN need so many breast plates?"

As I've [somewhat cleary] pointed out, the flaw is the assumption the Isenhart is a single person. In reality, Isenhart is an entire empire which once spanned the whole way from the Barbarian territories in the north to the desserts of Aranoch, to the jungles around Kurast cleat to the moores in the land of the Rogues. At it's peak it covered 9 tenths of Sanctuary. However, its huge armies were wiped out by monsters from the burning hells and there weapons and armour lay scattered. Though at one time they sold for as much as 4000 gold pieces in hot trading cities such as Lut Golein, you would be lucky to trade an Isenhart's case for a round of drinks these days.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Is it the same with Cathan and the rings? And Arkaine and the Valors?
But I must admit, you pose a very interesting set of follow on questions. (pun intended :D )

Why did the Iron Heart's (a possible interpretation from Germanic or Norse word roots) or even the Iron Deer disappear?

Were they the social and cultural equivalent of the dinosaur?

Was their meat so succulent that they were hunted and eaten by the cannibals of Kurast?

Did they all die in a hail of Meteors?

Were they traditionally carried home on their Shields, as the Spartans were, leaving their armor on the field of battle?

Science has yet to explain this. With the death of most of the Horadrim, and the senility of Deckard Cain, that mystery may remain locked in the past, or maybe in a few MPQ files somewhere . . . or in the bottom of a glass of Guinness! :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The original hand crafted Isenhart's cases were of supreme quality and I was proud to wear it. Once a small cottage operation, but now that Isenhart Armory Incorporated merely holds the brand rights, and distributes the manufacture off to cheap nether world foundaries you are lucky to get a Def rating of 107. Harumpf, not much better than cutting arm holes into a barrel if you ask me. That reminds me though, did I ever tell you about the time I built an entire castle from Cleglaw's Tooth and Claw? Awesome!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Occhidiangela,Apr 30 2003, 10:36 PM Wrote:or in the bottom of a glass of Guinness! :P
Yep, all the solutions to the great mysteries of the world are found in the bottom of a glass of Guinness. Whether you can remember them in the morning is a different mystery altogether :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
It's really quite simple

Isenhart is a cow

Killing cows generates breastplates as a by-product

Save the Cows! Stop the Pollution!
Have you ever heard of the "hippie houses" where people build hive-shaped houses out of concrete and old tires and soda cans, trying to recycle materials? The houses are supposedly sound and low energy.

I say we start a Horadric Habitat for Humanity, and build houses out of recycled uniques and set pieces. Isenhart's Case, Cleglaw's set, Cathan's set, Razortine, and Helm of Glory top the list.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:(Homer Simpson)
Beer. The cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems.

:)