New Item Announced
I'm rather surprised that someone hasn't announced this yet, but I for those of you out there that HAVEN'T seen this new unique Jewel (and I mean both of you), here's a link.

Adam mentioned that it would be likely that there will be more than one form of this jewel, and I have to agree. Not much of a rainbow if it's just Lightning. One could guess that there will be Poison-, Fire-, and Cold-themed Rainbow Facets, as well, or it may be random-affixed in a way similar to the skill bonuses appear on the new Arkaine's Valor. I'd like to see a Holy Magic-based Rainbow Facet, as well. It could include extra damage and attack rating versus Undead, and perhaps include a reduction to Physical Resistance or Magic Resistance, with the On Death mod being a spell like Fist of the Heavens.

This item type presents some interesting ideas for modders, as the new "Cast on Death" attribute could have some very interesting results when paired with some skills. Even more amusing is how these Rainbow Facet jewels will affect duels. Imagine slaying your opponent only to be slain by his On Death attack. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

I'm not too thrilled about LoD anymore, but I'm certainly eager to see what the modders can do with the new stuff included in v1.1. I read most of that lengthy thread in the PK, and though I couldn't make much sense out of the technical parts of it, what I could translate (or what was translated by others) sounds VERY interesting, indeed.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hail Artega,

Actually, it's in two threads as it is; a third is not needed - sorry. Thread locked to avoid flamage...
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.