A game I really want...
Does anyone know how to obtain this game? It's an expansion to Wing Commander: Prophecy (a great game and worthy successor to the noble Wing Commander name) with new missions, sounds, and ships. It was originally available as a free download (go Origin!) in installments, and for a while the entire 115 Mb thing was up for grabs for free. But now the official site says it's no longer available for download and I'd have to buy WC:P "Gold" (when I already blew $$ on WC:P!). Boo hiss, Origin!

So, in proper gamer fashion, I attempt to circumvent. Anyone got a copy? Anyone know of a place where it can still be found? After all, if you send me something YOU got for free, how is it stealing? ^_^

-Kasreyn,

games collecting packrat. =P
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
I've played through WC III, IV and Prophecy a number of times, and I'm a huge fan of the series, but I never heard of the expansion/add-on thing you talk about. Is it just extra missions, or did they get all the actors back and filmed a new storyline as well? Is it set after the death of Colonel Blair? But who's the enemy, didn't we destroy the portal from whence the bug-people came?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hi,

It's an expansion to WC:P. There are new ships (new capships, not many new fighters, though there are upgraded versions), new missions (and pretty fierce ones, I gather), and I think some new sounds or music, not sure. No new cutscenes / movies, sadly.

This is all pointless anyway! I just reinstalled Prophecy and it's refusing to run properly. The movies are skipping about 2 out of every 3 frames. Folks on various WCP boards have suggested various fixes, but none of them worked. =\ So it's pointless...

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
Kasreyn,

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=1979

-Bolty

Go Wing Commander! :rolleyes:
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
yeah I never could get the cut scenes to work properly on that game.
Signatures suck
The URL you posted tries to install spyware. Just thought I should mention this as a public service.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Does anyone know of a way of running old games under XP?
All this Wing Commander talk made me reinstall Privateer
(imo the best game in the series) but I can't run it :(

I know installing DOS again would work, and I have 6.22
around somewhere, but to my experience it is tricky to
install it on top of windows.

Does anyone have a program that makes Boot Disks for DOS?
Or a boot-image for that matter?

edit: come to think of it, boot disk would not work since I never
bothered to put in a floppydrive when I built my computer
Personally I'm considering setting up a DOS partition on my hard drive just for this purpose, after failing to get Hammer of the Gods to run correctly (video problems).

My first tip: http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/
Allows for DOS sound with Win2k/XP Drivers, though some games are still finicky.

Another thing to try is using the 'Compatibility Mode' option when configuring the game. Win95 mode can be more forgiving on DOS games. Try setting memory leniently (XMS or EMS depending on what the game uses, both if you've got plenty of RAM and can waste it).

The last tip? Google for the specific game you're running.

Oh, just found this while searching: http://www.dosgames.com/xphints.php
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!