Needs memory refreshment.
I've found a pally specific shield with decent def and all res 30, it's unsocketed and non-magic. I want it to have 4 sockets so I can stick 4 perf diamonds in it (all res 96). I already have ravenfrost so I don't wanna make a rhyme shield (he's already carrying one too). I forgot the thing about the socketquests I believe it was norm 1 or 2 sockets, Nm 2 or max sockets, Hell max sockets.
I'm sure I read further info about this on a site a year ago. Does anyone have a link for this or can just tell me ? I really want that shield 4socketed/gemmed. :)
It depends of the monster that dropped it. IIRC, items dropped from nightmare monsters can have 4 sockets. So, socketing it in Hell will give you 4 sockets. Not sure if nightmare guarantees it, but I once socketed an exceptional pally shield on nightmare and got all four sockets, so at least it's possible.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Aaah I see I'll do it on nm then (don't have hell at the moment) with 3 socks it would still give 77 all res so it's better than I have anyway(50%). It's a protector shield dropped on nm bloody foothills. :)
I've done it, nm socket quest and had 4 sockets so I got a shield with 106 all res it will greatly help in hell. :D
Not bad! My 4 socket gilded shield *only* has +96 res all ;)

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
The difficulty level of the quest does not matter. The only thing that matters is the level of a monster that dropped it.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
The difficulty level of the quest does not matter. The only thing that matters is the level of a monster that dropped it.

I thought both were important. Oh well B)

hmm....maybe I should steal my 120% res all Sacred Rondache back from my friend.....
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"