leechers
Quote:shadow.... I understood him and even i have problems with spelling this is a website not a college class room, if you dont like dont read or TYPE its easy for some to be able to correct them selfs but some do sufer from things like me! your more than annoyance to ones that are trying to share there points we dont come here to be corrected you want to correct there paragraphs then start your own lounge and cease your stupid corrections

so either dont read it or enjoy it we all cant be perfect in are spellings of words

Fascinating. I find it interesting that you can spell all your words correctly, pluralize, conjugate, use contractions, punctuate and even find the caps-lock... but claim to "sufer from things" that prevent your proper ability. Your claim of a disability may defend you with others, but not myself. Everything is there, Wiccan... every last bit needed for proper function and form. You don't have a single excuse for not using them.

Quote:but the way your jumped dows his throat dont does not justify your rudeness to him and he just said he was new here!... third time posting he is quite the newbie we are suposed to help them... not smack them around and make them scared of making mistakes, sometimes you can do more by telling where they made there mistakes and offer to show where they messed up dont bring down your wrath upon them!! :>

ShadowHM DID offer to show where he messed up. *I'M* the one that smacked people around.

You did offer some insight that I agree with, Wiccan: "If you dont like dont read"

I find your posts give me a migraine just looking at them. Thus, any "points" you care to make are lost in the morass of your textual maelstrom. You can protest about any "elitism" you wish when it comes to proper sentence structure and spelling... but the truth remains: Your point will be lost because no one will read it. Even if they do brave the process, the chances they will understand you are slim to none.

Whether it's the result of a disability, as you claim, or the stupidity of Leet Speak... the result is the same: Dismissal out of turn.

That's rather sad, wouldn't you agree? After all, it's obvious that you're attempting very hard to conform to the standards that exist in language. That's not just here on this forum, but outside in the Real World as well. If you find ShadowHM's suggestion of proper language and writing skills to be confrontational, I suggest you hide in a dark corner of your home... because the Real World is far less polite about it.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I have stated that i suffer from brain disorder, rare diease that eat away at the learning part of my brain and memory, i also stated i was a english lit professor and i had to take force early retirement.. due to my job being able to teach people how to write, if i cant write then i should not teach my students because that is not right for me to teach are young minds that subject, my wife has always helped me try to keep from making mistkes.

but thanks nic that means alot but i also stated sometimes it is okay i can do things like i used to but sometimes it really hard to remember how to spell a word and proper placement and stuff....
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Quote: I agree with sheet music, but telling a PERSON that has admited to everyone that this is his third time posting and his harping on his spelling and context was down right mean he could have at least gave him a lesson or some sort Of ohhh we are sorry but due to your punctuated we have decide that you are no better than some ....

OR... one could have pointed out the error, suggested a solution, and then linked to a Moderator's list of expected etiquette and rules.

Which is PRECISELY what ShadowHM did.

Are you quite through now? Or are you still feeling rambunctious for your Underdog situation?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Yes i saw that but what got my goat that he said that some lurk awhile they prepare,
this is a forum not a place to make someone feel small about there inabilty to type proper
i am always for the underdog never know what there capable of doing some can do things with proper teaching while some are just beter to beat under rug that refuse to learn....
Hail Wiccan,

"what got my goat that he said that some lurk awhile"

Firstly, Shadow is a she ;)

Secondly, that is standard netiquette: you lurk on a forum before you EVER post. If you have made your first post within a week of finding a forum, you're almost guarenteed to make a fool of yourself; many people lurk for several weeks before posting - some never post; they make up a significant number of the people here. It is not only here that this is expected either: you'll find it on every forum worth posting on. Those that do not expect it are likely made up of garbage.

"this is a forum not a place to make someone feel small about there inabilty to type proper"

Correct, but a forum is a place of comminication. When comminication is made difficult, then people do have good reason to complain. If a person *can* do something to improve this communication, then they should - if they cannot, then there's not much that can be done about that, obviously.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I did not know that shadow hm was a she or i forgot sorry shadow,
I never did eric first thing i said was hello i am greyson i.e shadowlurker now known as wiccan and my first question was about the first time i got d2 was released and some one on bnet told me of this place and i have loved the ll for as long as it been here its death then its rebirth and has no plans on leaving till bolty give up and lets blizzard buy him out for sole riights andmakes gf owner ~shudder~

She lambasted me on my typing, never gave me the site way of typing
website so its kinda personal for me then i let her in on "my problem" she still said some rude things to me, so maybe i am still dwelling on how she delivers her self.. and makes me think about how i did at least she gave the website ettis
I agree that punctuating is important and "This" is much better than "Dis", what I find rather upsetting is the way she said it.

Maybe I misunderstood but the tone in that message was a little bit arrogant, a friendlier reply never hurt anyone and if you're disturbed by something someone has done, you can (read: should) ask first before you go on and smash his head against the wall.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not what I meant to do.

O.k I've gotten a little off topic and this is a futile attempt so somehow return this topic to its original subject.

Me, personally, don't care much about leechers, I don't see them very often, mainly because I'm playing HC exculsively and have yet to hit lvl 70+ yet (meaning in this D2 session of mine).

Also I'm not sure but I think leechers actually INCREASE your experience gain, remember there's experience party bonus and if the leecher is lvl 20 and you're lvl 80 the added "nerf" to the low level's experience will further more increase the lvl 80's gain.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
There is no excuse for being plain rude. You two need to get some manners...
Hail Lurkers,

This is really starting to bug me: so many people here are making posts that are clearly directed to a specific person, or specific people, but they leave us with absolutely no idea who they are addressing! Please, everyone, either use the threaded view and make sure you reply to the correct post, or actually address the person/people you are speaking to: I do both, and it does not really take any time out of my day. Quotes are also nice, but at the very least make yourselves clear.

Thank you!

Yes, I am going to start hitting people with the etiquette again if it keeps up. Yes, I'll be just as anoying there as I used to be. Yes, I know you are all sick of it, but there's only one way to stop me ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Hi everyone!

Yes, I would recomond everyone use a partially legible format while posting. My eyes are growing fragile. I appreciate punctation and/or capitalization. Nobody is expected to write a book, but you should be able to be slightly coherent. If you can't read your own posts, that's a big problem. :P

On the other hand, this thread is not about grammar and punctiation, which it slowly started to become. If a certain post makes you want to gouge your eyes out, you should definitely not read it. The block list found in my controls is an effective tool. Unless it was a truly offensive remark, which is a entirely diffrent story.

And don't everyone jump on the flaming bandwagon! The best way to deal with an offending post is to ignore it. Why? Soon enough they'll get the idea that nobody wants to read their posts. Which allows you to store energy for things more worth your time. Otherwise, the thread will have dropped to the battle.net forum level of quality. In other words, it won't be worth reading!

And don't try to bring longevity in a forum too much. Well, I guess it could show an example of approiate behavior, but it reminds me too much of "stfu n00b" too much. :)

Oh, as for leechers? As long as I can kill and they stay far away from me, perhaps picking up gold and being good mannered, I will not care. Even at low levels, most characters can provide some kind of party-based skill. However, this is most likely not the case as most seem to be in a hurry. I must admit that the way they act affects it a lot. I would rather have a level 10 leecher than a level 60 jerk.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Wiccan,May 10 2003, 01:31 AM Wrote:She lambasted me on my typing, never gave me the site  way of typing
website so its kinda personal for me then i let her in  on "my problem" she still said some rude things to me, so maybe i  am still dwelling on how she delivers her self.. and makes me think about  how i did at least she gave the website ettis
I am sorry my responses to your original post still rankle.

But it might help you to review it. I was very polite for the first response I gave you back then. It was this:

Quote:Hi Wiccan,
You seem like a nice fellow, and based on comments you have made, you are niether a child nor a non-English native speaker. Both of those conditions might make me more tolerant of your errors.

So, please, please, start using punctuation, grammar and spell-check? Paragraphs would be nice too.

I am finding your posts unbelievably frustrating to decipher.

I hit the ceiling when your response was as follows:

Quote:i am just do" a go as i type and damn the conquences" as long as i can type clearly you can understand me i am sorry but sometimes my typing is worse then i talk sometime i can type very wonderful...

And if you really want to re-visit that whole sorry exchange, here is where you will find it.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/...&forum=Armory#9

My negative response to kier was triggered by his assertion that he had not bothered to take the time to read the full "blurb" about this forum and its rules.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

And i explained to you all that my husband has a condition that makes it hard for him to remember how to communicate to someone thru type, if you remember that miss shadow..

i said this is why he doesnt care anymore because he has been thru a lot in his life and the self imposed retirement was enforced thru him not the place he was a teacher of english..., he has come along way from that first post dont you think all.. i just hope he can go back to what he loves to do being a teacher someday...

but my dear husband you have improved while i was away i can see your typing is getting beter now if we get you to keep improving with the context and witha little bit of luck.. and of course with your help shadow yhou keep him on his toes and he may hate to be corrected, your "annoyances" do drive him to do beter and that is what is needed to make his typing and able to make sentences and correct himselfs

now i know i have mistakes in my typings but as i said having lived with and helped him thru this he may be able to get his job back once he feels confident of his writings... so i would say thank you miss shadow hm you have helped him try for better
Alexia Death get your thailand arse over to are place of dwelling now!! heh

where are you at ....they said you was in kentucky from the last time i talked to then all i know that you said that you was catching the red eye from there your at new york are you not? get home quick my love...
Wiccan,May 12 2003, 03:54 AM Wrote:Alexia Death get your thailand arse over to are place of dwelling now!! heh

where are you at ....they said you was in kentucky from the last time i talked to then all  i know that you said that you was catching the red eye from there your at new york are you not? get home quick my love...

I am trying..did you not wonder why you was not able to use your computer online.

but i went shoping for a new game and caught up with the american news and things and had to deal with my boss it seemed that everything has gone into the gutter since i was away for the war, now i have to deal with war of numbers again good thing, i have you and angel, how is she....
...but I'm completely lost.
Er... good times though. Carry on. :D
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
I know this isn't the exact situation, but I have dyslexia. I'm also incredibly anal about my spelling. I don't care about the grammar much. (I stopped twitching over prepositions at the ends of sentences a long time ago.)

If the forum I'm posting on doesn't have a built-in spellchecker (like this one), I often compose my post in Word. Not only can I spellcheck, but I can make sure I don't lose a long and philisophical post if the forum hiccups.

I do this for personal pride, and for the ease of my fellow forumgoers. Oddly enough, a similar situation once happened on another forum in a galaxy far, far away. The particular poster defended his lax posting skills with "it's only a forum, it doesn't matter" and went on to brag about his enrollment in Oxford. I'm sure a lot of people responded, but one response in particular went down in history, and is enshrined in many places, including here. In the immortal words of one of the finest flamers I've ever had the pleasure to read, are the following words:

"If you're not clear, you're not communicating. And if you're not
communicating, you might as well shut up, for all you are then is an
unpleasant noise."

(And I've used that in countless situations. Pete, you should really put a trademark on that before I put it on a T-shirt and pay my way through college. :D)

It's hard to be considerate of someone if the person only apologizes for their actions, instead of at least taking steps to correct them or even negate the problem. Composing posts in Word might be an extra step, but take it from me, it helps in the long run.

And, as long as we're discussing posting pet peeves, here's two of mine:

Capper posts. I hate them. I hate myself when I find my fingers typing them. I call capper posts anything where a forumgoer happens upon a thread that has already reached some sort of a conclusion, and the forumgoer has to type this unnecessary, long, and often boring post, retouching all the issues discussed yet raising no new points of discussion, and trying to make a moral point. I can't decide if my wrath should fall on the post, the poster, the forum, Richard Simple the Beast (my computer), or myself, so I just mutter quiet nothings to myself about the downfall of society and hope the capper post fades away.

Association posts. Where an entire post is spent doing nothing but relating the poster to a previous post. "I said that." "My (insert relationship here) said that." "I'm going to share an injoke with (insert relationship here) that nobody except that person will understand." Doesn't happen often here, more of a problem I have with my mailing groups. But kiddies, I'm glad you love people and love the universe. Could you just keep that love away from me, please?

EDIT: fixed a couple mistakes Word didn't fix
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
My husband is very laxed with his spelling but his grammar is some what okay BUT he tries his hardest to remember, if i could get a webcamera attached to my laptop i could show you all the times he has written everyday words that we all take for granted that we use, and had to relearn to remeber how to spell them, and oh countess my husband can read backwards and upside down, he learned how to read like that.. and that just scary imagine readinga goverment folder just by having it open and he is able to read it upsidedown and backwards... dont know how he taught him self to do it but i have to hide things from him when he told me that the memo i was reading was intresting, i looked up and said stop it your not supposed to know this.. sighs someday i will learn not to leave open folders that i think are safe from his eyes
ShadowSeer,May 12 2003, 04:41 AM Wrote:My husband is very laxed with his spelling but his grammar is some what okay BUT  he tries his hardest to remember, if i could  get a webcamera attached to my laptop i could show you all the times he has written everyday words that  we all take for granted that we use, and had to relearn to remeber how to spell them, and oh countess  my husband can read backwards and upside down, he learned how to read like that.. and that just scary imagine readinga  goverment folder just by having it open and he is able to read it upsidedown and backwards... dont know how he taught him self to do it but i have to hide things from him when he told me that the memo i was reading was intresting, i looked up and said stop it your not supposed to know this.. sighs someday i will learn not to leave open folders that i think are safe from his eyes
Well i always was able to read backwards and upside down because of my students would write there essays and watching them write and read while they wrote and offer some help as they wrote it really helped some of them really come far in my classes, at one time i was a hardliner for spelling and grammar but with what has transpired with me i take as a way to say "okay i think that its time to relax my edge just bit" but i still tell everyone that tried to pronouce there words that are making there mistakes by doing things that seems to be hard time get the understandment of there speach, typing is harder but speaking is easy for me, but reading and speaking, and now i have to relearn some what how to write again
ShadowSeer,May 12 2003, 03:46 AM Wrote:..., he has come along way from that first post dont you think all..
Yes I do think this. Some way to go still but certainly much better. I don't doubt that that took a lot of application

Keep it up Wiccan, I hope your condition improves also