A new hidden set
"There's actually an "unnamed set" in the game. Where you don't see that it's a set. And you don't get the bonuses as though it's a Set until you complete the entire thing. Flip through some of the new items that leaked and looking for what would go together. Completing the set is damn near impossible. No one has ever legitly done it, even in the test realm. It's coming in v1.10." <--quotes from diabloii.net<--some blizzard employee

few things i'd like to clarify with hope that they are right:

since only items leaked were uniques/sets its only logical to assume that its sertain uniques that make new set(my guess at least 4 max 6 since it said its very hard to achieve)

logical choice:

those 8 unique jewels is obvious choice..since they are split into teams of 4 only logical to assume that its a 4 socket armor (reason not weapon, because this set probably can be used by anyone so if zon uses bow she cant use shield and for same reason it wouldnt be a weapon (sorcs orb))

now 1 of the 8 jewels is ladder only so perhaps this is 2nd hint that 1 set can be completed in non ladder enviroment and 2nd set in ladder invoroment

obviously they are hard to find, not even 4 jewels but 4 different(ones u need jewels, almost impossible. Since blizz ppl dont trade(lol) its obvious that noone can really find them this fast

wishing choice:

those uber items were said to be some internal blizzard marker. could it be some sort of marker for set?

now there are only 2 uber items which can be found in non ladder enviroment(scourge and corona) so pretty small for a set, however in ladder enviroment, you can make a nice 4 piece set with those items, most would be tcm 84-90 by current standarts(ie almost impossible to find).

I;d like to hear some more ideas...and plz be as wild as you want

icon

p.s all this is based off leaked stuff, obviously if items meant for set werent in leaked, all this is useless, but nevetheless mucho fun :>
if I had to take a wild guess I would say it has to do with the items where there are two uniques of the same type of elite item. Champion axe is one, as is Sacred armor. Armet is one. I forget what else...
Airegin,May 10 2003, 07:19 AM Wrote:if I had to take a wild guess I would say it has to do with the items where there are two uniques of the same type of elite item.&nbsp; Champion axe is one, as is Sacred armor.&nbsp; Armet is one.&nbsp; I forget what else...
hi ;)

that would work only if you be able to wear 2 armors at the time same or wield 2 axes;) (which only barb can do)
No one can wear two armors, and not even a barb can weild two champion axes. I think he is reffering to new uniques that are coming out that have the same base type as another elite unique, where one of these will be used in a unique set.

I don't think a set of unqie jewels makes much sense.

I find it slightly humorous that "some blizzard employee" released the information at diabloii.net, as well as the fact that he used the term "legitly". Why would a tester use the term legit - what else is it going to be? Anyways, I seriously doubt it was found "legitly" anyways. They don't have the time to kill hell baal 100,000 times to find it, especially when they can easily force it to drop from any monster in 10 minutes. Most likely this hot information is just some stupid prank.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
From Battle.net's D2 general forum

Quote:Q: Is there some new secret Unique set?
A: No. It appears someone conned a fan site into believing they have secret info and they took the bait.

Straight from the metaphorical horse's mouth (would it be a metaphorical horse? is the phrase a metaphore? We don't have to do English Language anymore, so I'm getting a bit lax).

Although as someone on those hallowed fora stated, GF could well be trying to throw us off and we'll suddenly discover multiple invisible sets when the patch comes out, and my 5 meter long white beard gets caught in my mouse and stops me clicking 'connect to battle.net' and downloading the patch. <_<

It all depends on whether you are more willing to believe the official Blizz representative who has been know to be slippery with information before, or a tip off to an unofficial site supposedly from someone who supposedly knows someone working at Blizz QA. It's up to you.
Or you could just not give a dead monkey about what's going to be in the patch until it comes out, and then read the readme and find out exactly what has changed, rather than indulging in speculation which could be changed even though it comes from Blizz.

Don't get your hopes up about some spectacular new feature from a 'secret' source, apply the old wisdom:
"if it's too good to be true, it probably is" - that's why Blizz have only so-far (if nothing else changes, and the mis-upload was accurate) only added plenty of Uber items, thus increasing the rich - poor divide. We all thought a patch that would address that problem was what was taking so long... too good to be true...

Up to you.

-Bob
"Or you could just not give a dead monkey about what's going to be in the patch until it comes out, and then read the readme and find out exactly what has changed, rather than indulging in speculation which could be changed even though it comes from Blizz."

There are some who would argue that the readme only provides *most* of the patch changes. I personally believe it fails to mention blizzard's famous "features."

Programmer "Yeah, I've got it all set up, except I can't figure out why X keeps happening."
Team Leader "Uhh... call it a feature."

edit : "Not sure how [quote] displays, so just copy/pasted"
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC