Ethereal
How much ED does an item get from being ethereal? (ED works for both...)
Ethereal will adjust the base damage by
damage=int(3*base/2)
Then you will apply the ED factors to this new value.
How much enhanced defense?
Someone feel free to correct me but I think its 50%-to-base also.

I had found a 4 socket eth loricated armor that was around 721 or so. 2/3 of that would be around what
'normal' loricated armors get. There were more examples of this but my mule got umm .. eaten in the now infamous January realm 'maintenance'.

Edit: I also have a near 1800 def ethereal corpsemourn someone donated for my merc! .. a 50% improvement on the usual near-1200 corpsemourne..
Obi1.10Kenobi,May 11 2003, 12:32 AM Wrote:How much enhanced defense?
Same thing...

Ethereal will adjust the base defense by
defense=int(3*base/2)
Then you will apply the ED factors to this new value.
Just to mention too, the durability of the item should be:
Int(normal durability/2)+1
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.
I'll trust Ruvanal with the formula, but I must say I was delighted to find a three socket 896 def superior kraken shell tonight! Now the question is whether to make Lionheart or hope the patch has something better.

This was 14% enhanced def. Anyone know what is the maximum percent on superior items?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Say an armour normaly has 500 def. eth armour will be 50% more, or 3/2 times normal.

If someone does want to find def/dmg on an item, just times the figure by 1.5

note to anyone out there.......

I need a zod for an eth hellslayer!!!!! B)
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Well, unless you're willing to trade for something you can be 99.9% sure is a dupe then you might as well just get half an hour's fun out of that Hellslayer and then chuck it :)

Of course 1.10 might make Zod more findable

The other significantly useful aspect of ethereal is lowered requirements
LavCat,May 21 2003, 05:51 AM Wrote:Anyone know what is the maximum percent on superior items?
Hello. The maximum percent on superior items is 15. Thank you for your time. Farewell.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
What's really nice about ethereal is how it's applied....instead of being added like a normal ed% modifier (like it was in previous LoD patches) - it instead effects the base d (use it for defense or damage).

IE (simplified formulas.....not gonna bother typing out the huge one again):
-convert all %'s to decimals (ie 35% = .35)

Defense = (Def * 1.5) * (ed% + 1)
Damage = (Dmg * 1.5) * (ed% + 1)

[edit: I need to get my eyes checked...I didn't notice someone had already said this even though I read over it....]
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Gakerd,May 21 2003, 02:16 PM Wrote:Hello. The maximum percent on superior items is 15. Thank you for your time. Farewell.
Thank you! Sorry for the delay, I had lost track of this thread.

(I'd have said "very little text" but I have no idea how to put in on the subject line.)
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."