Bug with 3 socket Cruel Swords?
Last night I cubed a Colossus Sword and got a 275%. :D, I inserted a plain 40% ED jewel, a rare 22% ED jewel and a Shal rune.
All seemed fine last night; I created a private cow game and was happily killing away.
I login to day and decided to do a few mepf runs, and just for fun I take off my Rhyme shield to see how fast Mepf dies to 3000K+ dmg, well, it takes a very long time! I seem to do very little damage using the sword 2 handed and I am not leaching, any other sword seems to be fine. If I wear another sword or a shield, all is fine....

Anyone else run into this? Or am I just crazy???

Thanks...
Hail johngie,

Without exact figures I couldn't say, but it looks like you exceeded the maximum damage the game can handle; when it does that, the damage overflows, and you end up doing very small amounts of damage.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
This doesn't sound like it should exceed the maximum

I have a Werewolf that lists 7.5K max damage and have never seen this. I've heard of people doing much bigger sums
Agreed with Brista, it's unlikely that that Barbarian was doing enough damage to overflow with a mere Cruel Colossus Blade/Sword. Though, yes, the fact that he wrote 3000k, instead of 3000, could be misleading. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Sorry, my barb is doing a little over 3000 pts of damage.

The sword does roughly 560 2 handed, max mastery and max WW. But even Bash with 1 point in it is still giving the same problem.

Did I waste those jewels and the sword? I know it still works 1 handed, but still....
Does the rare jewel have +X dexterity on it? Does your character normally have just enough dex to equip a Colossus Sword? If both of these are yes, then try adding +X dexterity though charms and see if the problem will go away. There is a bug that when you socket an item with a socket filler that has +dex on it that it will also raise the required dex to equip amount by the amount of +dex and not show it. If this is happening to you, you will not be able to tell as your client side will still show you as having the item equiped, but other that view you will see you without that piece of equipment.
Yep, that was it... the jewel added 9 dex (I was 2 dex over the req before the sword). Added 7 more dex and it works fine now....

Thanks everyone for the help..... :D
That dex bug is a very nice catch. Someone should tell Blizzo about it. Now is the time.
so thats why melody is bugged to hell as well

grrrrr! :angry: