Total Damage, To Hit, and Whirlwind
I am trying to find information regarding Total Damage, To Hit and Whirlwind.

How is Total Damage and To Hit calculated? What do we know about Whirlwind?

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction I shall appreciate their help.
Creepy,May 15 2003, 07:20 AM Wrote:How is Total Damage and To Hit calculated?
Posted by Ruvanal in the old forum (in a thread started by me!) for Total Damage:

Weapon Damage:
Weapon Minimum Damage = (Base Minimum Damage+1) * (1+ (+x % Enhanced Damage)/100) + (+x to Minimum Damage)
Weapon Maximum Damage = (Base Maximum Damage+1) * (1+ (+x % Enhanced Damage)/100) + (+x to Maximum Damage)
+x % Enhanced Damage and +x to Minimum/Maximum Damage in this case is only what is shown on the weapon.

Total Damage:
Minimum Damage = (Weapon Minimum Damage + (+x To Minimum Damage)) * (1 + StatsBonus + (+x% Enhanced Damage) / 100)
Maximum Damage = (Weapon Maximum Damage + (+x To Maximum Damage)) * (1 + StatsBonus + (+x % Enhanced Damage) / 100)

+x % Enhanced Damage = all +x % Enhanced Damage from different items (jewels in armor/helm/shield, Lionheart etc.) and skills (others auras and Heart of Wolverine).

'+x To Minimum/Maximum Damage' in this case is from items other than the weapon (armor and charms).You could add +x to Minimum/Maximum Damage in the next formula, but I choose to add it here since when it comes from other than weapon, it isn't displayed on the weapon.

StatsBonus = a damage bonus you get from your strenght and/or dexterity (depending on what kind of weapon you are using).
Hammers: 1.10*str / 100
Daggers, Throwing Weapons and Assassin Claws: (0.75*str + 0.75*dex) / 100
Bows and Crossbows: dex / 100
Amazon Only Spears/Javelins: (0.80*str + 0.50 *dex) / 100
Other Weapons: str / 100

For To Hit (from the Arreat Summit and another post by Ruvanal in this forum):

Chance to Hit for Melee Attacks: 100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)

AR = Attack Rating; alvl = Level of Attacker; dlvl = Level of Defender

AR = (Dex*4) - 28 + ToHitFactor
Where ToHitFactor is
ToHitFactor class
+5 Amazon
-15 Sorceress
-10 Necromancer
+20 Paladin
+20 Barbarian
+5 Druid
+15 Assassin

Quote:What do we know about Whirlwind?
Er, it's a barbarian skill? ;) Don't know what you're looking for here.

Edit: Too cut and paste happy...
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Striker, thank you kindly for your reply and the help you provided.
This is kind of off topic but does have to do with total damage. I was reading this post in the barbarian forum over a diabloii.net:
screaming mod discussion

Basically, the writer believes that the screaming prefix gets added directly to base damage (because the max damage of the weapon is in white not blue like other +max damage mods i.e. evisceration) and can be increased by ohm runes/ed jewels in the weapon. He says that he has tested it on single player and set weapons like civerbs, dangoon's, etc with +max damage per character level also work like this. Is this true or just a display bug? Anyone tested this or have info?
USEast *ghost-70