Finally something useful
Whirly Whirly!

and you guys are discussing synergies and stuff :P

I wonder if this is the only graphics change, a flashier frenzy mode for the Barb would be cool.

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Ohhh, over lords (overseers?) in Bloody Foothills, as well with uniques!

Oh and does that monster that just been hit by lightning is simply a an overlord caught in his death animation?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Speaking of Frenzy, a tangential question:
Given the revealed impact of skills on the Necro tree (here) how logical do we think they'll be about deciding which skills support others (double swing would bolster frenzy, but not WW). Am I asking too much? [I think I might be, seeing as the screen shot says that points in bone prison will make bone spear stonger (a skill with higher requirements, and on a different prereq path)]
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Synergy system is supposed to give a chance to the less used/down right useless skills so probably WW or Frenzy will not get a boost but double swing probably will (I hope for an IAS boost!)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Blizzard mentioned several times that there would only be one additional graphic, so my guess is that this is unfortunately it. I was always hoping the new graphic would be for something that would become the new currency, but it doesn't look that way anymore. Unless they don't consider an animation as a graphic..
If you boost IAS on double swing then you have a poor character's frenzy. So the bonus won't come up the same way, but they are essentially the same skill. I guess I'm just hoping that the points I wasted in DS will end up helping me out when the patch is released. I wonder what the singing skills will turn into with this new system...
Will taunt finally make a difference???
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Did you notice the barb has an oak sage spirit? Can you say "eww"? <_<
Sir_Die_alot,May 13 2003, 07:27 PM Wrote:Did you notice the barb has an oak sage spirit? Can you say "eww"?&nbsp; <_<
Oak sage charges were on one of the new unique rings or amulets I believe.

I hope the item that gives that oak sage is quite rare, and hope it costs about 200k+ gold per charge to recharge.

What will be the worst side effect of these spirit charges is all the people who don't understand about spirit interaction who will refuse to unsummon their item-given low level spirit so a druid's maxed out spirit can consistently do its job.
Well, according to the leaked info that might be incorrect here, there are even *two* new rings with Oak Sage charges. Hmm

Nature's Peace
Clvl Req: 69
Ladder Only

Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
Prevent Monster Heal
Poison Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 11
Level 5 Oak Sage (27 charges) <--- in 1.09 = +50% life

Wisp Projector (offering the full range of Druid spirits <_<)
Clvl Req: 76

10% Chance To Cast Level 16 Lighting Bolt On Striking
Lightning Absorb 10-20% (varies)
10-20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (11 charges) <--- in 1.09 = 110% damage returned
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13 charges) <--- in 1.09 = +48% damage, +53% AR
Level 2 Oak Sage (15 charges) <--- in 1.09 = +35% life

Of course, the skills might change, but Blizzard has said they're trying to make a minimum of nerfs. Also, only one spirit at a time can of course be summoned.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Is it me, or does the lightning "spark" on the dying Overlord look kinda like kanji or similar? <_<
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
My my, suicide bombers scampering around the Leech Zone

Won't that be fun? :D
I hope there will be even more different monsters in all areas of the game! you should not even know what to expect when using the waypoint!!! #$%& these "blah runs". And i hope you can only use the cow portal once now.

FUBARRr
Brista,May 14 2003, 05:23 PM Wrote:My my, suicide bombers scampering around the Leech Zone

Won't that be fun?&nbsp; :D
Eh.. Not too thrilled about that. There are so many places to park and trap monsters on the Bloody Foothills the Frenzied Spawn will just wait the other side of the trenches. All this means is that the Bloody Foothill is now even harder for melee characters than it is for ranged.

At least in the Worldstone Keep the playing field is levelled somewhat. It doesn't matter if your a Barb or a Bowazon, you'll still receive the same damage when a pack of those things come bombing 'round the corner.

Still, I actually love those guys. If you can afford massive HP they can be a lot of fun. Ran my Weredruid through the Worldstone Keep yesterday (An experiment to see if I could kill Baal again and receive the ending cinematic, thus unlocking all the cinematics on a fresh install) and I used those little suckers to keep bouncing me from monster pack to monster pack. Ripped through a corridor without even clicking to move once.

*Cackles slyly*
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

What are YOU complaining about? They're placing MY auras on weapons! DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH, BUZZARD!
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,May 15 2003, 03:05 PM Wrote:What are YOU complaining about?&nbsp; They're placing MY auras on weapons!&nbsp; DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH, BUZZARD!
Bite me. Blizzard are putting my shapeshifting, summoning, and elemental skills on weapons and items, and according to what can be sifted from the "leaked" information there are no planned Druid skill changes.

Edit: I wonder how Wolfhowl is going to work. Will it be sensible and add the "Shapeshift Wolf" form to the skilldex... Uh, sorry, I meant skill buttons, or will it be a permamorph when equipped.

I sincerely hope it's the former rather than the latter, otherwise it's just another kick in the teeth for us lycanthropes that have to keep pumping a skill in order to use our favoured abilities for any given length of time.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

I doubt it's a permanent morph. Since the Barbarians can't use any but their passive skills in wolf form, it would pretty much be a pain in the ass.
unless,May 16 2003, 09:04 AM Wrote:I doubt it's a permanent morph.&nbsp; Since the Barbarians can't use any but their passive skills in wolf form, it would pretty much be a pain in the ass.
Even so, the Passive Skills amplify him and so too does Feral Rage. In light of that I'd say he does balance back up by quite a bit.

The real trick would be to sort out the skill hotkeys . . . I think many players might find that a weapon switch reserved entirely for the wolf form might be needed. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I just wonder how a paladin would get on with Azurewrath

Level 13 Sanctuary added to Fanaticism and Might from a merc might be rather tasty