How Can I Totally Remove sound from D2?
I run D2LOD with the -nosound parameter but that only affects actual gameplay. What I need to do it make it so no sound, not even music comes from D2. I love to listen to mp3's while playing LoD and the music in the game has already gotten old and just interferes with the music from WinAMP.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to accomplish this?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
wow... I can't believe someone is actually asking this...

Just go to options>sound and then put the volume slider for music on the minimum.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
...while in the main menu, or in chat, hit Ctrl + M to disable the music. Hit Ctrl + M to bring it back. This only works for the menus, though. Not in-game.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
@TaiDashar:
And you somehow believe that lowering the sound volume in-game will get rid of the ambient background noise while in the Main Menu or while lounging on Channel? :P Yes, wonderful suggestion, and equally helpful condescension.

Much appreciated, Roland; it'll be nice to remove the Menu music, and I'm heading off right now to see if that works in Channel as well...yup, it does. :) Excellent. Thanks.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Thanks,

I'll go and try it right now.
Not that makes much difference to me though.

*looks at stereo*
*flicks CD button on so AUX/TV goes off*

Try whirlwinding through pigmies to the sound of something like Rammstein's "Feuer Frei!" :D
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
In that case Fenris..I'm sure you'll be delighted to learn that disabling ingame music does indeed disable it in the channels, too ;)
More games should allow you to play your own CDs as BGM. I know Quake and Quake II allowed this, as did Hardwar and quite a few others I've probably forgotten.

But its not enough, dammit! I demand that more games allow custom music! There's something oddly righteous about railing someone in the head to the tune of Green Day's "Ha Ha You're Dead."
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
@Bullit:
Are you running a different version of Diablo II than I am? I'm currently alt-tabbed out of Diablo right now. When I'm in game, I have all sounds pulled fully to the left, no aural stimulation at all. The moment I exit to channel, music begins once more. Ctrl-M works to mute it, nothing else does.

So please, enlighten me. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
NiteFox,May 14 2003, 09:44 AM Wrote:More games should allow you to play your own CDs as BGM.  I know Quake and Quake II allowed this, as did Hardwar and quite a few others I've probably forgotten.

But its not enough, dammit! I demand that more games allow custom music! There's something oddly righteous about railing someone in the head to the tune of Green Day's "Ha Ha You're Dead."
Even better - Rocket Arena 3 with a built-in mp3 player. Don't even have to alt-tab out.
Been around for awhile, lets you control winamp without alt tabbing, other nice features as well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Need for speed combined with The Rock-soundtrack works perfectly!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Or even more simply and works for almost anything. Is get a keyboard with audio control. And key it to work for certain applications, like WinAmp or whatever. Whenever you press a key on the keyboard to skip the song or go to increase volume it will do it without even alt-tabing or anything.

Btw, CTRL+M works great. Thanks again.