Dragoon!
Um, I just looked at your guide. It has one MAJOR flaw. On the equipment page Spirit forge isn't listed.

What is wrong with you!! ^^

Edit: You thougt a cap (shako to be exact) was ugly on druids!, What is wrong with you!! ^^
Caps are ugly! Unless you like characters that look like they are wearing a condom on their head. :blink:
Hello Kharohz, dont know if you will remember me I used to play with you alot under the account name Mad Markus. I have nothing to say about Dragoon's guide as I havent read it, I just wanted to say HOW DO!

If a druid is in were-form what difference does it make WHAT his helm looks like? Myself Ive always liked the hatless look on druids, but I do have a soft spot for the act 1 newbie look. :D

Amaethon
Heh, you just looked at his guide, Kharohz? :D I mean, I know it's been ages since I've seen you on USEast, but I figured you'd at least keep up (considering his guides went out...er, almost a year ago? Maybe?). :)

You're right, though, Spirit Forge is definitely a fun Druid armor. But I'd have to side with TheDragoon here, the Harlequin Crest is definitely an eye-sore. I cringe every time I have to walk into Channel with that thing adorning the head of my Artimentalist. :P
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Quote:Um, I just looked at your guide. It has one MAJOR flaw. On the equipment page Spirit forge isn't listed.
Well, being that I wrote the guide mostly to serve as an example to people as to how to think through their Druid character builds and give some hints here and there (not to mention serving as a place to put the attack speed charts), I wouldn't consider it a FLAW at all. It's more of an oversight (I've personally never used it on a Druid, but now that you mention it, it would fit in quite well). I'll have to make a mental note to add it. :)

Quote:Edit: You thougt a cap (shako to be exact) was ugly on druids!, What is wrong with you!! ^^
Caps are UGLY on EVERY character! :lol:
-TheDragoon
Except me! Caps go wonderfully on my square white top!

I've broken two and stretched four out of shape in the last three weeks though....
Quote:Heh, you just looked at his guide, Kharohz?  I mean, I know it's been ages since I've seen you on USEast, but I figured you'd at least keep up (considering his guides went out...er, almost a year ago? Maybe?).

I knew about his guide longer than most. But im one of those guys who refuses to reads guides. Guide = possible cookie cutter. And the fact I am also EXTREMELY hardheaded and egotistic. I personally believe I am the most experienced Druid player on bnet. (I can .. painfully admit I ... maybe will be wrong, Dragoon beats me merely because of his IAS stuff ^^, I refuse to get over technical)

So why should the most experienced Druid player on bnet need a druid guide!?! Its just.. nonsense!

As for the cap, how dare you insult me so! Caps are wonderful on druids (assuming you have "matching" gear) I shall post a screenshot,

http://home.triad.rr.com/kharohz/Screenshot001.jpg

Isn't he wonderful looking? That cap gives him that Knight-like look. He is.. GOD

Edit: Btw guys I play on Useast once again (now that 1.10 is... lurking behind the corner) with the account Kharohz and GannWaif
Still looks like a penis head to me. All cap wearers do.

Of course I don't let it bother me too much, and lot of my chars end up wearing caps if they have the right mods on them (since I don't trade, I don't have a lot of peasent crowns, actually I have none now, I died solo with the one HC char who had the it).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
If the caps weren't so pointy at the top (at least to my eyes), then I wouldn't hate them so. :)

Quote:(I can .. painfully admit I ... maybe will be wrong, Dragoon beats me merely because of his IAS stuff ^^, I refuse to get over technical)
:lol: However, I always admit that there is more to the Druid class than just their attack speeds. I'd just say we both know a lot about our respective areas of Druid study!
-TheDragoon
hehe that's me in that screenshot :)

*ahem* Sorry, too much caffiene today....
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Since we're already talking about stuff you failed to mention (;)) in your guide, what do you think of Athena's Wrath (Un. Battle Scythe)? I think it's a rather decent weapon, I use it with my lvl 47 Werebear and he does quite well with it.

I'm not the most experienced Druid Player out there (maybe I make the top 5000 :)) and so your guides (Werewolf too) were really helpful to me, thanks man!

And yes, Caps ARE ugly and dangerous! Put on one too many and you might end up with CAPSLOCK!! :lol:

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Athena's Wrath is a pretty fun weapon for a Wereform. :) However, I think I'd still take Ribcracker over it for the nice "THUNK, THUNK, THUNK" sound effects of swinging with a staff! :lol:
-TheDragoon
@Ultra-Ta...I mean, Kharohz:
Quote:Originally posted by Kharohz
And the fact I am also EXTREMELY hardheaded and egotistic. I personally believe I am the most experienced Druid player on bnet. (I can .. painfully admit I ... maybe will be wrong, Dragoon beats me merely because of his IAS stuff ^^, I refuse to get over technical)

So why should the most experienced Druid player on bnet need a druid guide!?! Its just.. nonsense!
Heh, good reasons. :D Since I knew that you had been friends with TheDragoon, though, I had figured that you would have read his guide for no other reason than to savor his mellifluous prose. :)

Did Ultra-Tank always wear that cap? I dunno, I didn't think that he was wearing a Harlequin Crest when I ran into him, and I can't imagine any other sort of cap-based helm that would fit the build...perhaps my memory is failing me once more. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
Assasins look damn good with a cap/shako/war hat just because they are black. It seems like what an assasin would wear....no noisy shiny metal!!! If you must choost to avoid safer hats...wear a black full helm....dope...very dope

I always thought Pallys looked best is a crown...as long as it is collorless. Again (it will soon be clear that I much favor ful helms) they look good in full helms.

Barbs look best in a "full helm" or the 1337 versions. They aren't as big and clunky looking as Great helms, barb helms are but ugly, and the rest are just cartooney. They look good in caps too, but only if they are wearing light armour (Ornate and Caps do not mix). Valor looks very good with peasant crown or Harlequin Crest(spelling whateva)

Zon's look cool in bone helms and masks. I think zons are the ugliest class though. their shooting animation is crappy, there armour is too ....too much... they should have green and brown natural jungly colors. And I SO wish they would hold there bow like an Assasin does when running.

My opinion is divided on Sorcs. Masks are decent and bone helms would be cool if they weren't so big. Great helms look good...especially Gold ones, but I also find the circlet naked look appealing....

Necros...Bone helm all the way...gold plain, or black rulz....I also like full helms on nekroz.

Ummmm..... Druids, as fun as they are, look ugly no mater what they wear.

Skull caps are much much uglier than caps on every class. Caps look like condoms but SCs are Chastity belts.

End comentary.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:the Harlequin Crest is definitely an eye-sore. I cringe every time I have to walk into Channel with that thing adorning the head of my Artimentalist. 

That's why he has to include a disclaimer for the cap instructing the druid who wears such hat to remove it before shape shifting back to human form, or exiting the game to hang out in channel. Upon entering the game, the druid could stand around town without his cap, then go off to a secluded corner of town to shift, then put on the stylish garment.

=P
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Damn you! Damn youse all to hell! :'( *Casts grizzly on offenders* Bwahaha

But as for..

Quote:Heh, good reasons. :D Since I knew that you had been friends with TheDragoon, though, I had figured that you would have read his guide for no other reason than to savor his mellifluous prose. :) Did Ultra-Tank always wear that cap? I dunno, I didn't think that he was wearing a Harlequin Crest when I ran into him, and I can't imagine any other sort of cap-based helm that would fit the build...perhaps my memory is failing me once more. :)

I didn't really know dragoon until I met him on "Threewave". We became friends on there, I honestly never knew he had any knowledge on druids even then. I think the first time I "saw" (more like a glimpse, I only read "werebear..." then stopped) his guide when looking at his threewave item listing. So degrading!! But I do like his little IAS thingy (I never fulling read his guide btw, just a IAS, and a brief 30 second scan of recommended gear). Thats how bad I am, thats how much I loveee guides.

Some people consider d2 a magic find game, a treasure hunter game. I play it for character design, and reading a guide would totally defeat that purpose. Sadly you still have to play treasure hunter to make most of the builds out there.

As for Ultra-Tank and the wonderful looking cap he wears. I believe he always wore a cap of sorts, back in 1.08 he wore that Unique war hat, and sometime during earily 1.09 he started to wear harlequins (socketed with a p ruby).

Now a question for you, I don't quite remember you, what was your account or one of your "famous" characters :)
@Kharohz:
Ah, thanks for the clarifications. I remember TheDragoon bringing up Ultra-Tank in one of his posts over at the dii.net forums, but I probably just jumped to the conclusion that he had played on USEast with you. And the main thing that I recall about your gear is general awe (and a 1.08 Islestrike, and a really, really nice Whale Amulet with some sort of +skills), so I'm not surprised that I'm got your helm mixed up.

As for who I am and how you know me :D...well, it was a while ago (but still in 1.09), and I doubt that I would have made much of an impression. My only account at the time was *quixot, and I was playing a Werewolf named, coincidentally enough, FenrisWulf. I hung out in the Druidic Grove far more often, back in the day, and I spent a lot of time chatting; I'm pretty sure that's where I ran into you, and I think I was just curious about your build and thus asked to check it out in a game. Not much more than that, but it really left an impression on me; I had never seen a build quite so interesting. :D

Heh, I wish I had a "famous" character. :)
Ultra was meantioned on dii.net? Interesting. Prehaps I'll look that up.

And since you meantioned his gear, I shall list his items for mere bragging purposes only. :)

Here we go! (Level 94 druid btw)

Helm: Harlequin Crest socketed w/ a Perfect Ruby.
Amulet: +2 Summoning (druid, obviously ^^) w/ +94 life (I always wished I had better)
Weapon: 1.08 Islestrike socketed with Po! I mean Io! (well it was Po when I socketed it :))
Armor: Naj's Plate socketed w/ a Perfect Ruby.
Shield: Chromatic Gothic Shield of the Mammoth socketed with 2 Um runes: (40 life, 74 resistance)
Glove: Bloodfist (used to be 1.08, but I exchanged it with a 1.09, IAS helps somewhat with shifting speed)
Rings: Two 3% Bul-kathos (Has +1 skills and life based on level, currently 47)
Belt: Magical Belt with 97 life and 13% lightning resist.
Boots: Perfect Waterwalks, 60 life (I used to go with Aldur's, because of it's damage goes to mana, Naj's takes care of this now)

Charms:

PvM I use 7 Grand Charms with summoning skills, each with life: 42, 38, 38, 38, 38, 31, and 27 (Not dupes I assure you) and 9 small charms with 20 life each.

PvP I use the same above but with 3 extra +1 summoning skill charms, one which has +8 life, and the others with no other important stats (Except run/walk)

Merc:

Rare coronet: Soul Horn, +2 paladin skills, 30% faster run/walk, 8% Life Leech, 56% Fire Resist, 18% others, and 15% IAS from a jewel that is socketed.

Ethereal Honor Thresher: +1 skills Leech, Lots of damage, and deadly strike on a fast weapon, what else could you want! (Well I want a Ethereal Fury (Item) but.... that would require me to find those runes, and I HAVE been looking)

Crow Caw (Socketed with 15% ias jewel and +15 max damage, I didn't socket his armor with this.. but it is.. quite uber), it has Hit Recovery, IAS, Max damage, 15 dex... :)

There! Done! You would almost think that is a guide with all that stuff.

Edit: I quickly looked over the druid forum over there, and saw an interesting post:

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php...threadid=186879,

Some guy was bragging that he had a legit 10k life druid, 10095 life AFTER a lvl 45 BO. Not very impressive at all (But everyone else over at that forum is impressed by some reason... I have no idea why). My druid has 9594 life Shifted with Oak Sage. He would have 13363 life with a lvl 45 BO. Sad! Truely sad? Should I Post there?
@Kharohz:
I was going to mention something about Garbad's 10k HPs, because I was well aware that you had at least 9k or so with only Oak. However, do note that Garbad is using a PvP build, which sports 75% blocking, the 2nd hit recovery break (48%), maximum Resists (in NM, perhaps? I'm not sure), an 11 frame casting animation, and 49% Damage Reduction...it's still something to be rather pleased about, no? :)

I'm not sure that you come up in conversation too often any more over there, by the way; I don't think most of the posters have been there long enough to have run into you before, unless you're really getting back into playing now.

And...heh, that's not a guide; that's an item list. Two very different things, I would think. :D
Ultra-Tank is actually good in PVP, he cannot beat those pure pvp builds out there, but he can beat a good many of them. (Lvl 39 HoW enchanted Grizzly kinda hurts?)

Lets compare with his Druid, I have 30% Hit Recovery (which I don't need to much, but is nice), I COULD get 55% DR on him (I used to have this, but I have gained a huge dislike to DR%, so I no longer sport it, I only allow Shako), and still have 9159 life with sage. I have decent resist in hell 29/29/42/29. I don't need much fast cast. As for blocking, my build works better if I don't block, I can't shockwave if I block.

I win by default, my build is much more original than his, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first of my kind on bnet. :)

I know it wasn't a guide, I was just saying if an average person glimsed at it, it would appear as one :P.

Edit: Miscalculation on life
Edit#2: I didn't know his build, it is more close to mine than I would imagine, the question is, when was this build designed. I really want to chat with this guy.