How to lose a softcore character
Stupid stupid me...

1) Don't try and leap around in the arcane sanctuary. It's been invisible island city since 1.00.
2) When you do end up on an invisible island, leave the game. Don't be an idiot and click leap attack and whirlwind for the funny sounds it suddenly makes.
3) Be actually worried about said funny sounds. Something may not be right. Especially when you notice your leap attack isn't costing mana - in single player.
4) Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, don't save and exit.
5) If you ignore all of the above, better have a new character concept ready.

Now I'm left with a red skill point counter, and it doesn't let me place skill points anymore... seems like my char is fatally corrupted.

$%@#%% BLIZZARD YOU #@%@ !!! :(
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
I have just started building a Bow Barb, who will be using Leap quite a lot. And the Arcane Sanctuary is a place where Leaping to another island to plink away while leaving the mercenary there to tank while you plink is a tactic I had actually planned to use.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

If this is realms, go to your diablo folder, find the realm it is on, find the save folder, and delete the entire realm's worth of characters.

The next time you log on to bnet, bnet will load them back to you, and the red button will go away. I'd been having that problem quite a bit last month.

Also, see this thread: Red Skill Tab Bug

It is on the front page, but maybe I chose an ambiguous title. Sorry. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Unfortunately, Brother Laz's Barbarian is in Single Player, so the data deletion fix won't work (well, I mean, you'd be rid of the red skill tab, but you'd lose the rest of your character, too :D).
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
According to Isolde, in the cited thread, exiting from the application and restarting should solve the problem.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Brother Laz,May 15 2003, 08:45 AM Wrote:2) When you do end up on an invisible island, leave the game. Don't be an idiot and click leap attack and whirlwind for the funny sounds it suddenly makes.
Well as a mod-maker I would expect you to always play with stuff like that. I'd almost be disappointed if you didn't :)

E-mailing Blizzard support might get you a fix. I hope so

support@blizzard.com for PC users
:lol: @ Brista

Yep, I did 'restart the application'. After deleting the character.

:o :wacko: :angry:

Ah well, it's back to modding again. <_<
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44