I wonder if anybody here...
... if so, please tell me. ;)
Thanks
Lots of us do. G4/500 Graphite and a G4/667 Powerbook, myself. Are you just polling or is there a specific question you have?
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
G4 1.42, Gforce 4Ti, 1.2 Gb ram....got that bad habit of not settling for anything but the biggest boy on the block.

I'm having terrible problems though, and have been in dialogue with blizzard mac support for almost two weeks now.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Played D2C & LoD regularly for over a year and a half on a G3 333mhz Lombard laptop. I've since built a gaming PC (for stuff like Morrowind and earlier access to Neverwinter Nights), and when I started playing D2 again (on the PC) I realized I now have the specs and the internet connection to play a graphic intensive sorc or a minion heavy necro. I still somehow prefer the low-lag melee characters... must be habit. :P It has been nice playing through the game again with the music turned on, I always had music off for performance reasons in the past.

I play mostly with other Mac users (guaranteed no maphack, no item grabber, no pindle bots, etc.) but I've heard some complaints about Jaguar and LoD not working well together. My Lombard is mainly on Os X 10.1 but OS 9 is my best option for Mac play.
I have played for hours and hours on a chipped-up Blue/White G4/500, 512 MB RAM, Jag, 32 MB Radeon, dedicated gig of ufs swap. 2 crashes in 6 months......

Lag? What lag?
--Mav
I am still playing on a 400MHz Ruby iMac, oh it's soooo SLOW!!
Single Player is bearable but as soon as I start up a LAN game with my brother -> ARGH!
I'm saving for a new G4 (1,25 MP if possible), so I can finally switch to 800x600...

Macs rule

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Cookies running rampant...

Sorry
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I use a 1-GHz iMac with 17" flat screen. I use the OSX carbon version of Diablo2. I tried the hardware graphics-card option and didn't like it for two reasons. 1) it is much slower and "choppy" especially when multiple things are happening on screen. 2) it stretches the picture horizontally out over the wide screen instead of "letterboxing" it with black stripes on the sides.

So I run it in software mode and it's fine. The colors (256) aren't as rich and flavorful, but i'd rather have the smooth operation and speed than nicer colors. I wish I could run it in software mode with thousands of colors. I know I can use Command-M to switch to window mode and get the color settings of my finder desktop, but I do like the full screen mode.

crashed while posting...

Sorry again *sigh*
Nuur

I'll remember you.
I run it on rev B Imac, its a 266 with 6MB video memory. Even on the lowest settings playing single player, it runs slow.
I have the WORST performance on my machine. In software mode it's fine, but in hardware, no matter what the settings, I get about 2 fps if there's even three or four other characters or monsters on screen at the same time. I'm running 10.2.6 on a 1.42 dual G4 with a Gforce 4 Ti card and 1 GB ram. This is the fastest mac configuration money can buy right now. Why the HELL am I getting such crappy framerates? It's a joke!

I run the UT 2003 demo on my machine at max settings and get, oh, around 120 fps even in the thickest action. I never, ever drop below 100 fps. With D2 I can't get ABOVE TWO FPS. Can anybody explain this to me? Anybody have any ideas why the performance is so slow? I've sent 7 emails to blizzard, and the nice mac support fellow, Alex (we're on a first name basis by now), has tried to help, but he simply said, in the end, that it's not very well optimized and that they're working on it. I hope they really are; though I doubt it. Two frames a second on a tricked out machine like this is a 299% enhanced damage joke. That's right. Cruel.
Hail,

Currently the machine I am using is an Imac G3 400 MHZ with 192 RAM. I am sincerely thinking about ordering DII LoD at the moment the vicious 1.10 patch comes out.

Well, what kind of of problems/disorder am I likely to experience running the game given my specs? ( Not to mention the fact that my connection is dial-up, which would make MP a "little" bit laggy... )

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
It should run pretty well. You might experience lag during graphically-intensive moments, like boss deaths or sorceress spells. At least, that's what my 500mhz powerbook struggles a bit with. My brother plays it on a 300mhz old beige g3, and I was surprised that it even ran.

The only current problems that I have are not being able to play mods that use dll editing, what with the non-existance of dlls on macs. Unless there's a way around that that I don't know about.
Well in software mode you'll probably be okay. Just don't entertain any dreams of running in hardware mode in OSX. Impossible. If it doesn't work on my machine, it won't work. I even tried the game after a fresh reinstall of the OS. I associate Blizzard with the utmost quality, but when it comes to D2 OSX support, they're as bad or worse than any of them.

I spent weeks talking to the mac customer service rep at Blizzard and got nowhere at all. If you're in OS9 you'll be able to use hardware mode, but software will still be your best bet.

Seriously, has anyone out there gotten D2 under OSX to work in hardware mode? Anyone?
Mine: G4 Dual 1 Ghz ... it plays Great. But my other specific question is if the new patch 1.10 it will work on our machines? <_<
Why wouldn't it? As far as I know, the patches only change the data files, and 1.10 doesn't sound like an exception from what I've seen.
Even if Blizz had to change the exe, they'd make a Mac version too. Blizz has some of the best Mac support of any game company, from what I've seen.
--Mav
Seems so, doesn't it? I've spent a lot of time going back and forth with their "support" team and have gotten nowhere at all. I have severe, nearly-unplayable-levels-of-bad problems with the OSX LoD and I've gotten canned response after canned response. When I do get a person (THE person, that is...his name is Alex) to answer, he says one of a few things: "Reinstall", "Check that your OS and drivers are updated", and "[insert whatever here] isn't supported", which is code for "We know that part of our program doesn't work, but we won't be updating it, probably ever." None of this ever fixes what is clearly the fundamental problem: BAD CODING. That seems to be the only thing that can account for my performance issues. Inefficient code in severe need of optimization.

I feel like they make a lot of noice about their mac commitment, and have dedicated PR people who know to send news bulletins to mac web sites, but otherwise don't actually follow through. I don't really understand it. I don't want to believe this, but I do by virtue of my many dialogues with mac support.