Completely Sad..
Quote:So stuff like that exist on the realms? 
I heard it was bad, but I did not know it was that bad.

Heh, the funny part is that bow didn't have the usual stuff socketed, imagine one that is socketed with 6 40/15 jewels....

That was just a mockup towards the cheat.
Quote:Originally posted by TaiDashar
I have an odd feeling the one who traded you that ith was more or less legit...
I have a difficult time believing that anyone carrying and selling an Ith item could be even remotely close to "legit". :P
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Are you saying im not legit then?!! ^^

Just pickin', I agree with you there 100%.
Ptfff.... six el runes, my friend. :ph34r:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Ah, yes, good point. :P I'll qualify my response:
Quote:What should have originally been posted by FenrisWulf
I have a difficult time believing that anyone carrying (with the intent to use) and selling (with the intent to profit) an Ith item could be even remotely close to "legit".  :P
There we go. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
6 el runes did cross my mind, so did 6 ith runes among many other socketable items.

But I figured for irony purposes (Although ith runes would fit that category, but +9 damage is actually useful, I can't have that!), since I traded chipped gems for the bow, I would socket it with chipped gems. ^^
I like the idea of using the "any item + bolts = arrows" recipe to trasmute dupes and other lame items into arrows, then using those arrows to pk dupers, hackers, etc. I guess the old Iron golem would serve this purpose as well ;)
I think that it was determined a while back that Bows can't be Iron Golemed? I think.
Brista,May 20 2003, 01:20 AM Wrote:No he's referring to a comment from a Blizzard programmer in an interview with Diabloii.net

The programmer said he had changed the ingredients for the new version and extended it to cover other weapons
So much 1.10 info (both right and wrong) that it's all a jumble now. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Occi: perhaps you're right, though for the wrong reasons :D

The point is most items just plain suck, while others are so good they're must-haves. The very rare good items make your game enjoyable, while the very common bad items make it more like a pain to play. Getting good items demands endless repetitions of the same old boring areas, which is bad.

Now, a cruel 3-socket weapon is one of those good items that make your game enjoyable. The interesting thing about this item is that it's actually EASY TO GET. Then you have more and more happy players, which is good.

I think the game would be better off without uber items that come out once in a blue moon and with more not-so-hot but ok items dropping frequently. Allowing for 3-socket crueis is a step in the other direction, but it does have the merit of giving everybody a fair chance to get a decent weapon (as long as probability is around the 1/150 of today).
Kharohz,May 20 2003, 05:02 PM Wrote:
Quote:So stuff like that exist on the realms? 
I heard it was bad, but I did not know it was that bad.

Heh, the funny part is that bow didn't have the usual stuff socketed, imagine one that is socketed with 6 40/15 jewels....
I guess that would start to resemble Quark items:
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_5...2146e12/i-1.JPG
http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_4...18cc5e0/i-1.JPG
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_4...a4d6fba/i-1.JPG

These are unfortunately also realm items. :(
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Can get worst than that. According to D2.net, Quark items are made with hacked jewels that were imported from open b.net via a loophole which allowed open b.net chars to play on closed b.net. (This happened right after D2X was out, and lasted until someone told Blizzo a few months after.)

So.. after getting the money from the itams made out of jewels 50 ias/500 ed, they'll sell out the stuff coming from jewels 60 ias/600 ed, and then the 70 ias/700 ed stuff, etc.
Yes, the white items are said to be imported from open bnet as well. This seems to be true, since the items have "hand-made" stats like exactly 100% IAS, etc.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Kasreyn,May 18 2003, 06:44 PM Wrote:I'm completely ignorant of post-LOD complications in D2.&nbsp; I know an Ith is one of the runes, and I suppose a Hydra Bow is an exceptional or elite item.&nbsp; But what's with the chipped gems?&nbsp; Has some cube recipe come up that suddenly makes them valuable again?

(On that topic, one thing I *do* like about D2 is the Horadric Cube system.&nbsp; Particularly the way it allows Blizzard a cool way to alter the relative values of items - by releasing new cube recipies.)

I'm kind of torn, actually.&nbsp; One part of me sticks with my old determined stance - refusal to update my D2 version as a personal stance against game designers constantly changing the rules on me.&nbsp; The other part of me wants to get LOD (and thus the built-in 1.09 upgrade) because it looks so cool.&nbsp; Damn Blizzard!&nbsp; Damn them I say!&nbsp; ^_^;

-Kasreyn
I chucked in the $20 to get the Expansion last Saturday because, well, my car wrecked, so I'm not going to be doing anything beyond the house until the insurance clears.

You see, I got one of the new releases of the Expansion pack. And the most recent version it was patched to was v1.08. I still had to download the v1.09d patch for it.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I think its just a little elitist trip when people start going on about how this or that is too good of a weapon. Its just implying that they have enough skill that they are above such weapons.
Which is odd because except for 2 melee builds in the game, nothing approachs zons and sorcs in killing power.

But what really makes such a statment absurd is that the whole game has been rebalanced for 1.10 and we have no idea what its like now.
Ghostiger,Jun 10 2003, 12:17 AM Wrote:the whole game has been rebalanced
rebalanced? Are you sure about that? Wouldn't that be implying that Blizzard actually at some stage balanced the game :D :lol:
Disarm you with a smile Smile
Ghostiger,Jun 10 2003, 12:17 PM Wrote:the whole game has been rebalanced for 1.10 and we have no idea what its like now.
:lol:

Ooh long odds . . .

Say. Are you a gambling man? Let me just check how much I can put up for wager. :P
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Poor Ghostiger makes one comment and everyone pokes fun at it :P.
Disarm you with a smile Smile
sorry to post this here ochi but man do the blue letters in your sig make my eyes hurt when I look at it against that brown background. have you tried using a different color?
Signatures suck
Mikedok,May 19 2003, 11:39 AM Wrote:I think that the prices for iths have gone way down.&nbsp; A few months ago someone offered me a clean ith Colossus Blade for an um rune.&nbsp; This was several months ago, so I'm not surprised that you can get one for chips now.&nbsp; I haven't really traded anything since I was offered that sword, so I can't give any more current info.

I didn't think of accepting the offer and destroying the sword.&nbsp; I would have if it had occured to me.&nbsp;

Good idea.&nbsp; :)

Edit:&nbsp; This was in hardcore.&nbsp; I'm not sure if iths are more or less expensive in hardcore then in softcore.
More expensive. MUCH more. Though "clean" ones oddly are almost worthless, because few peeps who would actually BUY an Ith have anything decent with which to socket them. :lol:

Iths are thankfully pretty rare in HC, though (at least on West, the realm me and my hubby usually play on). Basically only Ith swords are even reasonably common. Ith armors are extremely rare, and Ith bows and helms are non-existant. :)

Softcore is where things are totally out of whack; HC is still pretty legit, overall...