1.10 not coming before June
I posted this at Phrozen Keep too, so I'm just linking to it:

http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/view...p?p=99709#99709

They're hoping to start a new test cycle today, hopes and pray (with fingers crossed) it's the final round, and if everything goes smoothly it's out by early june.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
From the "glass is half full" perspective, it's nice to see that QA for 1.10 is taking longer than QA for LoD... We may hope for a superior product once the patch is there.
I read this and though "Wah!!!! Not till JUNE?????"

Then I realised that's only a couple of weeks :)

Guess I can hold on ;)
lol, yeah, I also think it sounds worse than it is :) For some reason...

I guess I'm not fully up-to-date with the... date.

Too bad it's taking until summer starts. Then there are lots more fun things to do. Would've been nicer during january - may, but... it's good to see they seem to take this patch more seriously than earlier ones. As Corwin said -- it's taking longer to test than LOD. ;)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Jugalator,May 20 2003, 03:34 AM Wrote:Too bad it's taking until summer starts.
Well those of us in the southern hemisphere get a winter patch release. :P

As for dates, there exists a glimmering possibilty for Mon/Tues two weeks away. :D They'll probably find something that needs fixing though. :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote:From the "glass is half full" perspective, it's nice to see that QA for 1.10 is taking longer than QA for LoD... We may hope for a superior product once the patch is there.

And from the "glass is half empty" perspective, with so many changes and (apparently) massive "rebalancing" it's hard to imagine that there won't be quite a few serious issues with whatever patch gets released.
From experience, I expect the patch to come out in November. Still a little mad about Star Ocean 3 being delayed untill September, grrrr.
Well, I for one am glad. If it comes out on the 9th it'll be after my exams and I'll have much more time to play, yay!

Still It's nice to see Bill letting out some info, perhaps he should swap jobs with GF, then we might find out something other than 'we can't tell you anything'.

-Bob
No tacos
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I second that. We've waited a long time for this patch. It wouldn't be prudent to completely redo the skills relationships, and introduce 100 new unique items, new powerful affixes, cube recipes, and new rune words without considering the balance implications. I've still no doubt it will need a patch 1.11 come fall.

<pent up pre 1.10 rant>
I'm sort of glad I held back my trimentalist sorc to lvl 65, and I have 4 unallocated skill points. She has a chance of being able to retool, but maybe not depending on how dependant she will be on bypassed lowel level skills. On, the other hand it may be fun to start her over in the ladder realm (then I did not waste my time getting her to high levels). Nightmare and Hell difficulties will be much harder (so they say), and so I doubt many of the existing builds without having developed the lower level skills will be viable anymore. Se la vie.

Since boss drops (after the first) will be nerfed, I wonder if they have changed or rearranged the treasure classes? For me, one of the biggest detractors has been how much useless crap drops at high levels. This was exacerbated by the expansion, and further by new affixes (hence, Akara and Ormus give away useless rare rings, why Charsi's imbue is now mostly limited to Tiara's). I ventured from single player to the realms, as messed up as they are, as single player and LAN play is worse. To me is seems reasonable that if you fight your way through normal, nightmare, and all the way to Baal on hell difficulty that you should experience some reward. More so if you are playing HC. As it is now, the game encourages Boss runs as that is the only way you can ever find some of the cooler items in the game (that is if you are the type that likes to find cool stuff once in awhile that suits your level). It would be cool if Mephisto in normal level dropped me a unique claymore, but not so useful when hell Baal drops it.

I suspect however that since they are adding even more powerful elite unique items, that they will perpetuate the 1 chance in a billion drop system, coupled with the 1 chance in a billion gambling at shops.

</rant>

:D I'll play it anyways...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Im quite ready for this patch....Ive been playing less and less latley....the only thing Ive been really playing for is to make etheral rune words :) (Just made a 248 def etheral Ryme monarch :) ) ...IM really ready for the next patch......Ill wait as long as possible for the best possible product tho :)

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Bah, I suppose a fully cooked patch is better than a half baked one. Of course, I don't know if blizzard can cook!
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
NERDmanWhippy,May 22 2003, 03:06 AM Wrote:the only thing Ive been really playing for is to make etheral rune words :)&nbsp; (Just made a 248 def etheral Ryme monarch :) )
Heh.. Yes, I have an ethereal 810+ def 4 socketed armor :)

I'm hoping for a rune word that doesn't include Zod, but still applies Indestructible. But I guess the chance is slim.

I also have a 580 def 4 socketed superior shadow plate, but you need to be the Hulk to wear that one. lol