Bug within a bug within a bug lair
Im sure perhaps this has been noticed, but you never know. But Maggots seem to be bugged. (pun not intended, well then.. perhaps it was :D).

Whenever they stand still, they are bigger, and whenever they "shoot/attack" or move, they become smaller. A fellow lurker just pointed this out while we were owning completely with Teeth in act2.

I was like. Damn. Anyone else ever notice this before?
That's really odd because all the renders are done on a fixed "stage" with a fixed camera, and the animation is generally a manipulation of the "bones" in the model. There's no postprocess scaling, so I wonder how a bug like that could come about?

:)
I guess it came out for this very moment. Just to give me something to giggle about ;P
When they attack/move it appears they curl in (the side squeeze in to get the legs under them), this makes them a little taller, shorter and narrower and makes them seem like they got smaller because the narrowing is greater than the extra height. But if you spend some time and look at them pretty closely that is what is going on as best I can tell.

And here I thought you were going to talk about the unbreakable eggs (I still run into them, have to leave the area and come back before it can be damaged and yes, I and others in the game have all taken turns trying to pound on them, from both sides in the case were you can get to the other side via another route), and the bugs that will burrow and never come back up so you can't walk through that area, that one doesn't always get fixed by going back to town or another Act either.

Edit: Had to fix a few typos.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
It is not an optical illusion. The size is just wrong. The baby maggots don't have the problem, they don't change sizes.

Watch their size when they stand still, it is rediculious :)
I'm not good at this, but if you haven't the "Perspective option" activated (Video options), things look a bit diferent, not too much but maybe it's the cause for this "bug".
How you make an enemy stand still?
Forzas do ar, terra, mar e lume, a vos fago esta chamada: si e verdade que tendes mais poder que a humana xente, eiqui e agora, facede cos espritos dos amigos que estan fora, participen con nos desta queimada.
and the Baby Maggots give a whopping 1-point experience too at times. Which they are not supposed to do

:P

regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory