Blade shield interference?
Playing around with my B.net blade shield assassin over the weekend, I noticed something odd. After a fairly drawn out fight, and with BS still active, I went to recast Burst of Speed, but nothing happened. I heard the "nuh-nuh-nuh" sound from the $6 Million Dollar Man go off, and my mana ball went down accordingly, but there was no aura around my feet and I was still running extremely slower than normal.

Even after recasting it a few more times, there was still no effect. I thought that I might have hit a lag spike, but casting a TP and popping through to town didn't change anything. Still no BoS.

However, once BS deactivated, I was able to get it to work. I didn't get a chance to retest it soon after as I had to leave about 10 minutes after that. If I get the chance later this week, I'll play around with it to see if it's repeatable.

But are there any ideas as to why this happened?
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Known blade shield bug. If you click to cast a skill at the exact same moment when it does an attack (once per second) it interrupts you and nothing happens. Makes blade shield even more useless than it already is...
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,May 20 2003, 03:19 AM Wrote:Known blade shield bug. If you click to cast a skill at the exact same moment when it does an attack (once per second) it interrupts you and nothing happens. Makes blade shield even more useless than it already is...
Do you know of any threads that discuss this? I looked here and the previous forum before I posted this, but I couldn't find any info. I'll try digging around Dii.net, I guess.

Thanks though.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?