I'm a COMPLETE newbie at D1
Yes,yesterday I played Diablo first time.
I know,it sounds amazing,unbelievable,even :blink: ,but i just got money to buy licenced disk(in Latvia,time moves on slowly)
I played classic version a bit,then installed V&K Middle Earth(great respect to them)
I'd like you respected community to answer some of my questions:
1.What character must I pick at the beginning to feel at ease and not to be killed right from the scratch?(and later on)
2.Where can I get comprehensive guides on how to...well,upgrade characters correctly(yes,I'm also a guide man)
Well,tht's all for now...
Hi,

1.What character must I pick at the beginning to feel at ease and not to be killed right from the scratch?(and later on)

Well, first, I suggest you play Diablo multi-player (you can do it solo) before you start to experiment with the mods. Most of the mods make the game harder, which you'll appreciate when you've learned the game but which will probably just frustrate you until then.

As to which character to play, that depends on your likes and your experience. If you aren't familiar with the general concepts of role playing games (and Diablo is *not* a role playing game, but does use many of the concepts), then the warrior is the easiest character to figure out. If you have some experience, then all three will be viable, try each one and see how you like them.

2.Where can I get comprehensive guides on how to...well,upgrade characters correctly(yes,I'm also a guide man)

The most detailed guide for the game as a whole is Jarulf's. You can get it at http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/ But it is probably a lot more than you need at first. Other than that, there are many guides that are scattered around the net. A good place to start is with Lochnar[ITB]'s Freshman Diablo at http://www.arewehavingfunyet.com/diablo/diablo.shtml It has many good articles covering many of the typical beginner's questions.

Beyond that, follow the links from this site and from the Freshman Diablo site to get other worthwhile places. And, of course, you can always ask here.

Good hunting,

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Well,thx for the explanation.I tried classic Diablo(now that was a thorough 36-hour run)-i prefer mods.They have pros and cons,of course. Thx also for the guides.I finally managed to smash that dreaded dudes-Butcher and Leo.
As for warrior-well,perhaps when i grow into a more experienced D1 player like you all are,I'll learn how to play him.Meanwhile-a rogue?
Thx anyway.This forum is the best of all I have seen. :)
Well hello, fellow citizen of the Baltic Countries ;) Hope to see you online some time :)
-Cytrex
:( :( :(
You won't...
I'm not playing on B-net at all...(I'm not ready for it and something with UDP ports *pity*)
But now i'm a frequent guest here (thx again to all the friendly forum)