Poll: How did you come to your most fvoured equipment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Found it.
84.38%
27 84.38%
Bought it from that little...um,Wirt.
6.25%
2 6.25%
Bought it from Griswold/Adria.
6.25%
2 6.25%
Traded it from other players.
3.13%
1 3.13%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Please respond...
:)
When I played D1 I used to find most of my items. It was way to boring for
me to do "grisworld-runs" or "wirt-runs", so I only bought stuff from them
if I happened to be around and saw something useful.

I can't remember ever trading for anything, except a nice suit of plate mail
that dropped when I co-oped with a mage. He snatched it and I told him
I'd give him an AA staff for it. Luckily he said yes :)
(It was an awesome plate IIRC, but I might be wrong. It's a long time ago)
I found most of my stuff, most rare of my stuff I found is Emerald shield of the Tiger 44%/+50/15ac Gothic. I buy stuff from wirt/gris also, I check him every game. I found a KSOS, KSOH and KSOH from em, oh and an awesome plate 75/148%. But out of em all, I find more than I buy.
BTW What's IIRC?
IIRC = If I Remember/Recall Correctly
i found an Obsidian Amulet of the Zodiac (37%/+20taa) and a Drake's Amulet of the Zodiac (+57Mana/+18taa) f.e.
but buying something at Griswold isn't a bad thing, too...:
Awesome Shield of the Ages (19ac/153%)
i like it...
my english is so bad...
how to say "Ausdrucksprobleme" in English??
>I found most of my stuff, most rare of my stuff I found is Emerald shield of the Tiger 44%/+50/15ac Gothic.

I thought that an Emerald Tiger was one of those Wirt only items?
M@isterL@mpe,May 23 2003, 12:51 PM Wrote:but buying something at Griswold isn't a bad thing, too...:
Awesome Shield of the Ages (19ac/153%)
You probably mean 143% or 135%, awesome is 131%-150%... And besides, if you really want a shield of the ages, go for godly at Wirt. That's what I had on one of my old warriors. I prefer the HP though.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hammerskjold,May 23 2003, 01:01 PM Wrote:I thought that an Emerald Tiger was one of those Wirt only items?
It's not. Emerald is droppable by quite a few H/H bosses. I got one from Red Vex, Prophets warrior has it now IIRC.

As for the question, I have found most things I value highly(AFP from BK on 13, Drakes/Zod ammy from Advo on 16) but my low ac rogue has some quite nice purchases: Obs/Mammoth(37%/+80hp) helm, Cloak of the Whale(+100hp) and a Massive bow of Swiftness.
-Cytrex
>It's not. Emerald is droppable by quite a few H/H bosses. I got one from Red Vex, Prophets warrior has it now IIRC.

If you mean plain Emeralds, yes. I've found a few of those no problem. Same with Emerald Ages off Laz, and even the rare Emerald Wolf once. What I was trying to remember is whether the specific combo of Emerald Tiger, was a Squirt only item.
What I was trying to remember is whether the specific combo of Emerald Tiger, was a Squirt only item.

If Emerald and Tiger can individually drop, why would that specific combination need Wirt's approval? ;)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
That item of Corruption... Ahh, I miss it so.

Never had a chance to do a run with it due to lack of interest. *sniff*
Hammerskjold,May 23 2003, 03:16 PM Wrote:If you mean plain Emeralds, yes.  I've found a few of those no problem.  Same with Emerald Ages off Laz, and even the rare Emerald Wolf once.  What I was trying to remember is whether the specific combo of Emerald Tiger, was a Squirt only item.
Emerald/Tiger can be purchased from Wirt between clvl 16 and 21.

Also, it is worth noticing that a perfect Emerald/Tiger Tower Shield exceeds the price cap, so maximum stats, regardless base AC are +44%/+50.

My LAW uses an Emerald/Tiger Large Shield 44%/+45, purchased from my clvl 20 shopper, and it has the effects of a hidden shrine, since those nice shields are really expensive to repair.

Nine bosses can drop "Emerald" at the dungeons on MP: Stareye, Bloodlust, Black Jade, Red Vex, Steelskull, Sir Gorash, Dreadjudge, The Vizier and Lazarus.

Being the only mlvl 27 unique boss in the game, Dreadjudge may drop the super rare Emerald Shield of the Wolf.

Replying to the original question, the best items I've ever found came from hellish dungeons. Still, I love to do repetitive games, hence I created a clvl 20 shopper. The most interesting item I've came across during specific Wirt shopping was this:

[Image: Obsmam.jpg]

As you can see, this hideous citizen from Tristram can offer you good things from time to time ;)
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
>If Emerald and Tiger can individually drop, why would that specific combination need Wirt's approval? ;)

I remember reading somewhere an "efficient" way of getting an Emerald Tiger shield, was to get a clvl 20-21 Squirt Shopper. That part I'm at least pretty sure, maybe not so much the clvl, but the shopping part.

What I'm not so sure, is whether or not I read that was the most efficient way, or the -only- way to get an Emerald Tiger.

ps edit. I remember reading this even before before Stein's reply. ;) It might have been at the DGF by Nystul. I did remember about the rarity of Emerald Wolf and how only one monster can drop it. Which is why I grinned like an idiot and went " Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy" when I found one.
SteinHerz,May 23 2003, 07:13 PM Wrote:The most interesting item I've came across during specific Wirt shopping was this:

[Image: Obsmam.jpg]
I would almost kill for that one ;)
-Cytrex
I must say it is a toss up. Anyone who's played this game for some time has found some very nice items at one point of time. I'd choose either my Emerald/Tiger or my Strange/Heavens. The Emerald/Tiger started my characters playing style. However, the Strange/Heavens has a great deal of respect considering its perfect stats Thanks to wirt. It was a flail, 90k. Worst form in my mind, but I won't complain, it's the only I've found yet.
Sorry, I messed my post up a bit. I started talking about emerald suffix because my first thought was that you think this is the reason it can't drop. The shield I got from Red Vex was actually the Emerald/Tiger...I just didn't write that down(do I think too fast? :P ). Can happen to anyone ;)
-Cytrex
>The shield I got from Red Vex was actually the Emerald/Tiger...I just didn't write that down

No problem. At least I now know for sure.
Well, I can't say I really traded for it. My tank proudly prances around in an Awesome FPM of Sorcery from a player named fallenslayer. I had played with him for a few levels until his hardcore warrior died at lvl 40. He had recently gotten D2 and decided to play that instead, so he bequethed his armor to me. I can't really say I'm proud of anything I have found (although I may feel I've earned it) but this is an item I can say I am proud of, and would prefer it to any other armor I have found. It feels like it was more than just time+luck - like it has a history.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
The item I was most proud of was the Grandfather that I got off Lazarus the first time I had ever killed him. I was absolutly blown away.
Gris just sold me a King's bastard sword of Haste! (82/156)
I think that's my most memorable buy...

However, my most memorable item was found. A near-perfec Dragon's Amulet of the Zodiac. That's it. Although I think I'll remember this recent purchase from Gris for a lot longer :)