Paladin Bugs
(Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm playing without the expansion.)

I couldn't find these in this forum by looking back to "the beginning" so I'm making this generic thread for Paladins just in case I find more bugs.

I have two bugs to report. They both occur in Singleplayer. I'm not sure about Realms because I have no Paladins online.

The first bug involves Zeal.

While I am attacking with Zeal, sometimes a monster will stand further away than the other monsters and still be able to attack me. When I attempt to attack this monster after the others have fallen, Zeal will fail and I will swing once, repeatedly, until the monster is dead or I release the mouse button. However, the Zeal sound effect still plays and I still lose mana. The workaround is to run away from the monster and re-engage. This has happened with the Scepter, Grand Scepter and now Gleamscythe unique Falchion, against various monsters. (He's in Act 2 Normal)

The second bug involves Auras.

When I have an aura active, such as Concentration, and I accidentally right-click, my Paladin stops dead in his tracks and I have to re-left-click to get him running or attacking again. It'd be nice if Blizzard would disable right-clicking while an Aura is selected, or at least cause the game to ignore commands to 'cast' the aura.

That's all for now.
The Zeal bug is something that also affects fury. :(

I doubt that second one would qualify as a bug. It's more of an oversight in gameplay mechanics if anything.

Reverse Charge
Curiously the Charge in Reverse bug has never been tackled (even when moonwalking was). This occurs when a Charger suffers a knockback hit and tries to target enemy directly.

He'll Charge all right. :D

Away from the target. :(

This has some freakish pinball effects in Nihlathak's Temple, but is otherwise a minor inconvenience forcing the player to click an empty bit of ground after being knocked back to stick him back in forward gear every time.

Semi-Amusing Holy Shield thing
Not a bug really (or at least no inconvenience value), but when this is cast in town he won't automatically revert to his relaxed state. He immediately drops into his en garde combat ready stance. :D This is for players who hate Cain. :P

Disappearing Aura Graphic
Bremm Sparkfist has a mild annoyance thing going with his Conviction. If you playing a Paladin are running Conviction yourself, you'll see the graphic of yours disappear. It's a little disconcerting to be running an Aura and yet see nothing displayed at your character's feet.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Dont forget the charge + golem bug or charge with slow/holy freeze...
Bones and tissue, tubes and fat!! All sustained by blood. Nothing more than a poorly tended machine. And look!! It has a brain!! Fueled by the blood that races heavily in times of grotesquely hightened desires and vices!! You can see the matter and feel the substance, but eyes and hands are useless for sensing the rot and filth of ideas that drip from these things!! ~JtHM~
The avatar some people at this forum really should have.
\--_=/? O_o?
Quote:Dont forget the charge + golem bug or charge with slow/holy freeze...

My fav is how diablo will charge backwards when he is slowed enough.

Of course it's only client side(as the slows target bugs), and he suddenly appears next to his target after running backwards off the screen. It can be very dangerous to have diablo 'teleport' next to you.
Not a bug, just a side effect i supose. As all pala players (or players who play with palas) will know, an aura will last for a few seconds even when you are out of range.

Firstly, this means killing an aura enchanted boss (such as brem) does not have imediate effect.

Secondly, and most cruely, in games such as cows, a pala can convert a few cows, having his thorns aura on, go to town, then go hostile. any melee char who is attacking those cows (especialy a barb doing ww) is usualy hit with 400 X his damage. averaging to be 4k-8k damage, killing him pretty much instantly. I find this cruel as it only effects the attacking chars, who are generaly doing most of the work. <_<
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Just an update, since I couldn't find any new posts on the topic with "Zeal bug" in the search.

The two paladin bugs I highlighted for 1.09d still exist in 1.10 final. *sigh*

1) The aura-right-click-stopping 'bug' is annoying because my finger accidentally taps it once in awhile. (I have nervous hands that get worse as I get older.)

2) The paladin still tries to attack creatures that are out of Zeal range, resulting in wasted mana and loss of multiple attacks. Since this only happens if I specifically click a creature that is too far away, I think there might be a range-checking bug (rounding error?) that is stopping the paladin from getting close enough to the creature before initiating a Zeal attack, or allowing him to go ahead and Zeal anyway even if his path is blocked (by another monster, for instance.) If he's already Zeal-attacking creatures that are within range, he won't attempt to hit one that is too far away.

3) Blizzard supposedly made most of the game editable via text files. Well, I still cannot assign crossbows to Rogue hirelings even though weapon allowances are now in the Hirelings.txt file. I can put 'xbow' into her second weapon slot, but I can't equip her with any crossbows in-game. Yes, her stats are high enough.

4) I've also tried to disable light-blocking (columns BA-BH in objects.txt) to remove brazier flame shadows. While this worked in 1.09d, I haven't been able to get it working in 1.10. (Edit: just realized that Excel was putting a lock on the txt files, so the game was ignoring them, along with any changes I was making.)

While I'm impressed by being able to level up without resorting to /players and experience runs, and having more monsters to fight in each level, etc., these persistant skill bugs are disappointing. Given how obvious the zeal bug is, in particular, I have to guess that not many people bothered to beta-test the zealadin. I noticed it the moment I got the skill. No doubt some of you did, as well. <_<
Smoketest,Feb 6 2004, 07:30 PM Wrote:3) Blizzard supposedly made most of the game editable via text files. Well, I still cannot assign crossbows to Rogue hirelings even though weapon allowances are now in the Hirelings.txt file. I can put 'xbow' into her second weapon slot, but I can't equip her with any crossbows in-game. Yes, her stats are high enough.
The WType1 and WType2 fields have been in the file since the release of LoD, but they have never been used. The items that are allowed to be used on the hirelings is actually hardcoded into the DLLs. You would need to edit the DLL executable to allow whis weapon type instead or you could try adding the bow itemtype to the xbow Equiv2 field. But this latter maethod may cause other problems with how the game ends up treating crossbows in other situations. Either way it will not show the rogue as using a crossbow, only the bow as that is the only graphic that she has for the weapon that she uses.
Ah, my lousy memory prevented me from remembering if I'd seen those fields prior to 1.10. I knew they were hardcoded before, so I came to the false conclusion they wouldn't be hardcoded in 1.10. Oops.

I already knew that the graphic wouldn't change, but thanks for being complete in the information.