Iceblink on Merc
Even though I have searched the Forums, I could not find anybody mentioning this:

While waiting for the Patch, I decided to make some nostalgic characters (mainly 1.03 cookie-cutter builds [incl. back then popular items] which are now pretty rare and funny)
Obviously my Pole-Barb had to get some iceblinks...while his merc got skin of vipermagi (did I mention that I restarted playing diablo a couple of month ago and these are about the best armours i could find so far? lol)

Well, for act 4 i switched those two armours, and "Oh my God"....my little act 2 merc freezes EVERY target, thats right 100% freeze. B)

I know from using the armour for all of act 3 on my character that the freeze chanze has to be rather low so I do not think, that the armour itself is bugged, it's got to be the merc/iceblink combo that leads to these odd results.

If this is old news, sorry, never mind, burn me.... :ph34r:
But if this is not only true for act 2 Mercs, have some fun with iceblink on a Rogue Hireling.

[Back to lurk mode]
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
This is a 1.03 Iceblink? I could be off base here, but I thought that in 1.03 blink was still 100%?

Either way, I'm anxious to try this tonight with my 1.09 Iceblink. I haven't heard of this bug before, but if it exists still, that sounds like fun. It's too bad the maximum hell freeze duration on it is 3 seconds. Still, that's 3 seconds of running away like a little girl.

Ignatz
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
A 1.03 version would be irrelevant. IIRC they were all overhauled in the patch that revamped all the uniques with level requirements and gave new ones lower durability. Can't remember if that was 1.06 or 1.08.

I think the level of the merc is relevant when determining the freeze chance though. *Unsure* :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Iceblink is freshly found 1.09d version, so that's not it.

Merc Level is 48, which seems a bit low for 100% chance...not sure about this either...

nothing new, still freezes 100%, have to get to hell and try it on cold immunes....that would be REALY buggy...
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
He he he! Guess what I found yesterday night immediately after reading this post? An ethereal Iceblink! :lol:
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
If that bug is still alive in 1.10, and there's an armor upgrade recipe similar to the reveal weapon recipe, imagine an Ethereal Balrog Skin Iceblink :D Would look pretty cool on a merc.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)