Will 1.10 effect existing chars on battle.net?
Hiya all,

I have never played in any other patch apart from 1.09, so don't know if the new patch will affect online chars. I'm sure alot of you know, but im in the dark on this 1 :ph34r: . So please tell me if it may or may not effect my existing characters, or only new created ones. Thanks,

Kier

Edit-I am so eager about the new patch I put 1.10 instead of 1.09 :P
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Heh.....even those of us who have been around for 9 patches...and even the betas.....1.10 is going to be a bit of a new one for us....but as for the general situation behind it...here goes:

1.10 patching will result in the following:
People coming back will put slightly more load on the servers (pretty much unnoticeable)
All legitimate items, characters, accounts will remain.
Selection for "ladder characters" will be added to the screen when creating a character (your old characters will not be able to use this option, only ones created post patch).
New items will drop for your characters sooner or later (even if they are new or old characters).
Old items will remain (if legitimate) and still be useable (even on old or new characters).

Beyond that, noone can guarantee anything.
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
:blink: Spooky, hope the synergies does take effect on existing characters. What do you lot hope for then?

Yes, I think synergies will apply to all characters, new or old.

Another confusing part is regarding set items. Some set items are being improved in 1.10, but your current set items won't change. However, any new total set bonuses for 1.10 will be used instead of the old 1.09 bonus, even if you use the old set items. Confusing? It gets worse... There might not be an easy way to tell if an individual set item is the 1.09 version or the improved 1.10 version, since it could only have changes in its "hidden" (using green text) bonuses that are shown when you actually equip more than one set item at once. This could make it harder to trade individual set items, since it could be hard to tell if you're going to get scammed and get a 1.09 set item when you expect a 1.10 item. :-( You might only see after the trade, when you equip the item, and then it's of course too late.

Finally, not all set items might be replaced with a new 1.10 counterpart. Some sets might use items exactly like the 1.09 versions so there's no difference.

All this set stuff is of course not a problem if you don't mix yourself up with 1.09 set items by only playing on the ladder. No 1.09 stuff should be able to get in there.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Firstly :D , my ass is going to have a ball.

secondly :blink: , the plot thickens. Will they post most/all item stat's on the areat summit when the new patch is out?

Also, will they change the skill tree for the patch? :blink:

Geoff Fraizer has lots of (all?) item stats prepared to be uploaded on Arreat Summit when 1.10 is released.

They haven't said anything about changes to the actual skill tree (like the order of the skills and their prerequisites), but I doubt it will change since that sounds a bit too much even for a patch of this size. :) But the skills should change more or less, depending on the skill.

Just look at these screenshots as examples to how they'll change:
New Bone Spear
New Phoenix Strike

So, I suppose it's mostly new stats, but not major changes to how the skills work. But they can of course still keep some surprises for us to discover. ;)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)