Total Noobie questions
What is the Bloostone for?

Where is the Valor armour?

What works on killing the creatures on level 12? get killed a lot :angry:
Keeper of Nightworld
What kind of monsters are on Dungeon Level 12? It is randomly chosen, so a bit more information like their names or even what they look like, aswell as your class would help us to help YOU :)

Spoilers~

Bloodstones are connected to the Valor Quest. It is situated on dungeon level 5, so I'm assuming you are much past that level. Go back there, and pick up the bloodstone. Then, hit the pedestal and a new area should "wake up" on your map. (the TAB key toggles the auto-map). Go there, get the next Blood Stone, and so on, until you see a corridor open up. Walk down carefully, and collect Arkaines Valor :)

Edit: You like Fallout and Fallout 2 aswell? Shot ! :P
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
With the Bloodstone in your inventory, click on the Pedestal in the room where you found it. That will open up another room nearby that contains another Bloodstone. Keep doing this and you'll find the answer to your second question.

As for level 12 and on, you need armor with good AC (defense) and items that provide decent hit recovery. A high-block shield is nice but tends to get you stuck in blocking animation with some creatures. Another tactic is to use doors and gates as choke points so you don't get surrounded so much. Other than that, use caution and proceed slowly; don't go wading into big rooms that you haven't already cleared out. That's just asking for trouble.

If you still can't seem to survive level 12, start a new game and work your way down from level 1 again. There's nothing wrong with that and the next time you reach level 12, you'll be even tougher and will likely have better items. I did that more times than I can count with my sorcerer the first time I played him.

Hope this helps. I'm no expert player but I manage to survive well enough.

(Edit: wrong terminology, got rid of spoiler)
Quoting Prima's Diablo Strategy guide:
"When you find the book of Blood, pass through the Book's room and into the next to locate the Altar of Blood. The first of the Blood Stones should be on the ground nearby. Plug it into the Altar. Now look at the map: A doorway has appeared in the wall of the set piece, very near where you stand. In that room some Horned Demons and another Blood Stone await you. The Stone, when set n the pedestal, opens a similar room on the opposite side of the set piece. When you've set all three Blood Stones in the Altar of Blood, a final chamber opens, and you'll battle yet more Horned Demons for the ultimate prize - Arkaine's Valor."

More experienced players can answer your third question better than I, but I found getting better armor, better weapon, more experience, and smarter tactics gets one to the next level in one piece... ;)
Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Hi,

Well, two out of three of your questions have been answered. But "What works on killing the creatures on level 12? get killed a lot" is nearly impossible.

First, there's your character. What class are you playing? What level is s/he? How did you distribute your level up points? What spells do you know and at what level? What gear are you using and what gear do you have access to? All of that is needed to give you any type of real answer. What works for a rogue with a great bow might not be good advice for a mage with weak spells.

Then there's your opponents. Some will chase you, some will run away when they approach you. Some will try to melee, others will use all ranged attacks. Some are resistant to fire, some to lightning, some to both, and a few are immune. And so on.

Finally there's the dungeon layout. If you have a mostly open level, you'll need slightly different tactics from a level with lots of little rooms and narrow passages.

So, you see, your general question would take many hundreds of pages to answer. That's no exaggeration, if you look around the web you'll find about that volume of strategy for Diablo. Unless you narrow it down, you'll either get no answer or useless ones.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Playing warrior the creatures lvl 12 have long tails through lightening. I step off the stairs and get slaughtered. If I walk around to find a door or anything of use I find more creatures.

---falling to ground grabbing chest--- why why did you shoot me?
Keeper of Nightworld
Hi,

Playing warrior

OK. What weapons are you using? What resistances do you have? What is your armor class?

the creatures lvl 12 have long tails through lightening.

Well, those are lightning demons. They could be Storm Riders, Storm Lords, or Maelstorm on dlvl 12. If they are killing you with lightning, you probably need better resistance. If they are killing you with their melee attack, you could use better armor or better blocking.

I step off the stairs and get slaughtered.

Did you lead the monsters back to the stairs before saving the game, or are they hitting you as soon as you get down the stairs the first time? Because the levels should have a small area right after you get off the stairs that is safe. And if you are getting mobbed as soon as you step off he stairs, then you are probably moving too fast. However in the caves, sometimes there are small "pens" that are located close to the stairs -- an error in the programming, I think.

Now, if you moved away from the stairs and led the monsters back, and you then saved, you are probably screwed. If you have any useful spells like teleport or stone curse, you *might* be able to do something. Even town portal could help in that you might be able to use it to get some fighting space.

Again, you didn't give us enough information. Without knowing what you have, we can't suggest what to do.

If I walk around to find a door or anything of use I find more creatures.

Yeah. Usually all that running from trouble into unexplored areas does is give you more trouble.

--Pete

When I left lvl 11, got the bottom of stairs lvl 12, did not get a chance to take one step, creatures (have not been able to get a description) surrounded me an killed me more than once, while trying to figure out what kind of being was attacking me. :angry:

Skull cap of Sky -1 damage from enemies
Sword of SKy +25% damage
Shield of Protection
Harded Leather Armour
HP: 110
Have Rings: Truth, Radiance

Going to keep trying until I kill at least 1.
Keeper of Nightworld
Hi, Deathclaws Rule

>First of all the items you said that you have dont seem to be correct,

>I think that -1 from enemies is 'health' and that +25% damage is something like 'jagged'

>Anyway I suggest that you should maybe restart the game using the 'new game' option and start again from level 1. I think that you need to improve your items dramaticly.

>I don't really play the warrier class but from what i know you need to be puttin points into DEX and finding + DEX and + To Hit items and also try to get the highest armour class possible.

>By the way a ring of radiance in your case is pretty bad because it will just attract more monsters.

>I may have made 1 or 2 small mistaked in this post please correct me if I'm wrong :)
A few things which might help a little:

1) Take off the ring of radiance and NEVER wear it again! It lets the monsters see you from further away (whereas it doesn't really help you see them, since you can see the whole screen without it).

2) Finish the Valor quest, which I think others have already explained for you, and wear valor instead of the armor you have now. Valor is a decent armor even at your stage in the game, whereas the armor you have now is very poor for this stage. Alternatively, if you have a lot of cash laying around, try to get high AC armor from Gris. Hard leather armor is really bad for dlvl 12.

3) If you happen to know firewall, cast a firewall directly in front of you when you are fighting the lightning bugs.
With those items you are not gonna make it in lvl 12;) Either you are a very unlucky person or you just missed alot of magic items. And here is a strategy in case there are just too many monsters near the staircase:
- go down to lvl12
- cast the "Phasing" spell as fast as possible (if surrounded)
- run away from the stairs as far as possible (luring all the monsters)
- cast the "Town portal" spell and get the hell outta there;)
- now u can go back using the stairs b/c all the monsters have followed you to the portal

Offcourse this only works when u have a little luck with the phasing and luring, so it might take several attempts.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that u need to do some serious "mouse sweeping" to find all the goodies that drop on the ground:)
Hi,

cast the "Phasing" spell . . .
cast the "Town portal" spell

And you know he has these spells because?

Remember the breakdown of "assume".

--Pete

It has become obvious that I missed a lot from previous lvls. I have started a new game.

I did not know the ring of radiance allowed creatures to see me. Lesson learned.

Will also try the phasing and portal.

With the current game I just finised the Chamber of Bone quest, not quite sure what that is all about.

So my thinking is play and learn.
Keeper of Nightworld
Chamber of Bone "rewards" you with the spell Guardian. It's not a very practical spell at low levels, even for mages, since it costs so much mana and you get little out of it. There are also two secret rooms in the Chamber of Bone level; you'll find a couple of chests with random magical items inside. That's the better reward. ;)

Other than that, the Chamber of Bone adds to the game's Gothic atmosphere.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]