Another teaser from the AS
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...manapotions.jpg
--Mav
They've decriminalized the selling of Mana potions?? This is an outrage! It's one thing to only have minor infringements or financial penalties for the possession and consumption of Mana... but to actually let Vendors SELL IT??

Prohibit, I say!

Down with 1.10, I say!

Blizzard suXX0Rs, I say!

*checks checklist of Blizzard Complainer's Handbook*

Oh! Right!

I'll never buy another Blizzard product again, I say!

*tries to look smug and self-aggrandizing*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hrm. If the three Mana Potions + three Healing Potions = Rejuvenation Potion cube recipe is still in effect, why don't they just sell Full Rejuvs while they're at it? And cookies. Yeah. Cookies would be cool.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
I always thought that that was the reason why vendors didn't sell mana potions (so people couldn't effectively by full rejuvs).

But selling mana potions is a good idea. Really helps out spell casters that are just starting out.

Perhaps they can get rid of the 3 red + 3 blue = 1 normal rejuv formula but leave in 3 red + 3 blue + 1 gem = 1 full
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
And still no throwing pots. :(
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hi.

Perhaps they should ditch the 3 red + 3 blue = 1 lesser rejuv totally, and instead make 3 red + 3 blue + 1 gem equal a lesser rejuv. Perhaps there could be a random chance that cubing with a gem to get a lesser rejuv could possibly give you a full. 1% = chipped, 5% = flawed, 15% = normal, 20% = flawless, and since perfect gems are otherwise very useful, 100% = perfect. Or maybe 50%.

Or maybe just 3 r + 3 b + 1 gem = lesser always and be done with it. :)

I'm also fine with them leaving it as it is.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
I can't for the life of me figure out why they did this. In my opinion, a starting spell-casting character is better off punching or kicking her (oh, right...or his) way through Act 1, pumping str and mana. I never feel like I don't have enough mana. And by act 2, if you want to start casting spells exclusively, you're either pumping energy (as you would later anyway) or you *gasp* pick blue pots up off the ground.

Too bad b.net kiddies so carefully heed their mother's advice: don't eat anything off the ground!
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Simple fix to the problem at hand.

Simply make it so that the pots that are sold are unable to work with that recipe, only potions that are dropped in game can do it.

:P
Credit for Pirengle's Laugh of the Day goes to...Nicodemus.

Seriously, though, how can we be sure that the potions weren't sold to the vendor first by the player?

Only the eventual final release of 1.10 will tell.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Now when was the last time you transmuted healing and mana potions into rejuves? :)

It's just a convience and these potions aren't exactly rare. Just like bolts and arrows.

And yes, I want cookies.

This is just Blizzard's way of encouraging better sanitary practices. It's usally not a good idea to drink pots that dropped from a dead animal. :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
They should make the game REALLY challenging. Make all potions come in unlabelled flasks.

What great fun it would be, to suck back a potion only to find it was an Exploding Potion. :)

(Well, okay, maybe you could use a scroll to identify them. But I still think it's lame being able to cube them up to Full Rej. )

-rcv-
I like it. I used to HATE fighting someone like Diablo, burn through 20+ mana pots, and be screwed when I ran out of blues. Maybe I just suck, but if they're gonna sell reds, sell blues too.
Hmmm, maybe there is still a chance for beverages and dancing girls at Atma's Tavern. I want to invest my wolf druid skill points into "carouse"and "philander". Its effect should be to improve the odds at gambling, and further discounts from the town merchants (of the opposite sex of course). Maybe Charsi would comment on more than just my nice armor...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Am I the only one who has noticed that all the pots on sale are of the same quality? In fact, every clearly visible potion on the belts of all the characters in all the 1.10 shots I can remember are of the same grade.

So, two possibilities:

1) There is now only one grade of potion.
2) The test version simply has the same picture for all potions.

If it's 2) then I think we've found out the reason why 1.10 is taking so damn long to test. Those poor testing barstewards... Trusting their lives on what could very possibly be a Lesser Healing Potion...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Errrrr.... Go check act V Malah, Hell difficulty. All she sells are super potions.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
on the belt.

Also most of the screens are being taken in Act 5 (the one here appears to be Mala) and in NM and Hell with high level characters, since they said they were pretty much leaving normal alone where they pretty much only sell the bigger pots anyway.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Actually the Phoenix Strike shot was in Normal on players 64 according to Isolde
Nope, it was on NM, he corrected himself later in an AB thread, that I am still digging for. Ah here it is, 2nd to last post on page 3:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...2&t=26428&st=30

He said that the new monster locations don't happen in Normal, so it had to be NM.

Edit: That post was also the one that prompted people to look closer at the screenie and see that the Serpent Magus fired off a bone spear.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Brista,May 30 2003, 10:47 PM Wrote:Actually the Phoenix Strike shot was in Normal on players 64 according to Isolde
Later corrected to Nightmare, I think.

Isolde,showing he loves the AB more than the Lounge& Wrote:Woops, I just realized I misspoke. It was nightmare with players 64. The new monsters don't appear in normal. Sorry 'bout that.

-- CH
kandrathe,May 30 2003, 06:30 AM Wrote:Maybe Charsi would comment on more than just my nice armor...
"Is that a Horadric Malus in your knapsack or are you just happy to see me?"

"I want you to imbue me, Charsi."

SLAP!

"Fresh!"
UPDATE: Spamblaster.